cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp Reverb sale

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Hp is selling their Reverb for a further 15 percent off for black friday. Only £437 for 100 hours only 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

24 REPLIES 24

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, I guess time will tell mate.  I kinda doubt that this will save and raise the WMR decline, but who knows?

I'll take it you haven't tried the HP Reverb? You might have had a WMR previously, but the clarity of the HP Reverb makes it that you will just be happy to purchase it for Sims and some seated experiences. The Only thing that the Rift S does better then WMR is have two camera's on the sides and top of the headset. I don't miss the camera on the top of the headset because I can't think of a time I lost tracking in WMR with my hands above my head. I could be awkward though and look down while reaching up to get something, but I usually look up in normal life when I do that so I also do it with WMR.

The camera's on the sides are missed but WMR is not anyway as bad as you are making out to be. The main thing that lets the HP Reverb down is the rigid cable they use. The cable design is terrible so I'll agree with anyone on that score. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well I'm glad you are happy with this.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

TomCgcmfc said:

Well I'm glad you are happy with this.

I'm delighted with it Fella, it beats any headset out there for clarity. It's much better looking at a my cockpit and surroundings in DCS World rather then looking at something that's blurry. The RAF would not let me join if my eye sight was that bad 😄

bigmike20vt
Visionary
It does surprise (and dissapoint) me that the index , a product which costs double the HP headset actually visually isnt as good as the reverb. Hopefully someone will release a product which ticks all boxes. Whilst most of my gaming in VR is seated in cockpits I just could sacrifice the high end 360degree tracking of my rift.

I hope it is oculus who do this but if not I will happily jump ship.
For pure simmers that is a hell of a good price for a nice looking headset.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup love it to bits mate, Brill in my sims. I never use the controllers so I have zero issues. The headset tracking is spot on imo
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

It does surprise (and dissapoint) me that the index , a product which costs double the HP headset actually visually isnt as good as the reverb. Hopefully someone will release a product which ticks all boxes. Whilst most of my gaming in VR is seated in cockpits I just could sacrifice the high end 360degree tracking of my rift.

I hope it is oculus who do this but if not I will happily jump ship.
For pure simmers that is a hell of a good price for a nice looking headset.

Also note that many recommending Reverb are using 2080 Ti video cards. If you don't use a 2080 Ti, Reverb may be quite a different ballgame, because you need to push many more pixels than using the Index, and you don't have ASW2.0 to help you, so you'll need solid 90 fps a lot more than when using Rift. Also many like to dial in the Index lenses to increase fov, but doing that will decrease perceived res. To really compare Index vs. Reverb you'll need to dial out Index lenses as much as possible, but of course you'll never get similar res like Reverb (Reverb has more than 100% higher res than Index). I'm thinking Reverb must be great for sims and text, but using Index res 200% (ss 2.0) looks awesome in all the games where I can get solid 90 fps (Pistol Whip, Lucky's Tale, Curious Tale of Stolen Pets and more). And then there are sound, controller tracking and finger tracking where I'm convince Index is far beyond the Reverb. Given the choice of using either Index kit or Reverb for Alyx I doubt many would go for the latter. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I just swapped between the Index then Reverb using Espire 1 back-to-back. Bumped-up Steam SS to 200%. It's the equivalent of looking at a 2D monitor 1080p (index) vs 1440p or 2160p (Reverb). You cannot escape the increased resolution. The Index cannot match the clarity no matter how you spin-it - SS or how far the lenses are away. You do immediately notice the superior audio and controllers of the Index though.  However, with the right room conditions the Reverb tracking isn't so bad especially for games like Espire 1 where you're always looking ahead and around you and holding hands in front of you.

Considering the price of the Index and the Reverb , the Reverb is competitive. Now given the connection of the reverb where it can be detached at the top of the headset, if HP designed a new, less-weighty cable here it would make it more appealing for Standing/Roomscale.

HP could have really captured more VR customers had they addressed the cable issue and made their own controllers.  I think even if they developed a HP Reverb 1.5 with some improvements they could snare some people right now. Rune is correct though, it requires a nice GPU to get the best performance. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Luciferous
Consultant
I don't get why they don't just make it easier for people to use HTC or index controllers. Job done.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Or better still, my rift controllers 😉

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Considering the price of the Index and the Reverb , the Reverb is competitive. Now given the connection of the reverb where it can be detached at the top of the headset, if HP designed a new, less-weighty cable here it would make it more appealing for Standing/Roomscale.

I think they made it rigid so that it wouldn't twist like other headset cables do and break. But the cable is just so damn annoying as it is right now. I have used plastic cable ties to secure the connector onto the ring part at the back of the headset. I also made sure to have the cable facing down, otherwise it would bend if I had it sideways on. It took 5 cable ties to do this and it's just annoying when HP could just do what you have suggested. 

What also pishes me off is that I don't think we will see another company making a VR headset with this resolution for a some time now.