cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: my Rift (CV) suddenly disappeared.

Gico
Protege
Hi, after using my  Oculus Rift without any problems for about 1 hour, I took a  break (30 minutes).
When I put it on again,I had black screen. No sign of life. 
I went to Oculus config panel and realized my Rift was not connected.
I tried to set it up again, but HDMI and USB port keep waiting for signal. 
I tried changing ports, restarting the system but no joy.
Also touch are disconnected, but I suppose it  depends on the rift problem. Sensors are both OK.
Whats the problem here?
Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Gico
Protege
I think it's gone. I installed oculus software on my laptop. I connected USB and HDMI but nothing. White led inside the Rift doesn't light up and the device is not detected... How is it possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried reseating the cable on the HMD side (you need to pull the facial interface off first)?

Gico
Protege
No I did not. I didn't even know it was possible. It does make sense: cable was twisted around the HMD when it stopped working. I give it a try as soon as I get home and let you know. Thank you.

Gico
Protege
I reseated the cable on the HMD but nothing to do.
When I plug in the USB cable in the PC port the led in the HMD lights up YELLOW but Oculus panel does not detect any connection.
When I plug in the HDMI cable in the graphic card port nothing happens.
Any idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDeHMg6gd9g
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

parsecn
Heroic Explorer
Sorry mate, you've twisted your cable to where it has permanently faulted. 

Unfortunately, game over. https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144

If it is under warranty, you'll want to contact Oculus support immediately. If you are out of warranty, you are sol.

Gico
Protege
I gess it's a cable issue. Today I'm going to a friend of mine to test my rift with his working cable.
Warranty ended in october. I don't understand why Oculus stopped distribution of spare cables, considering they are so prone to fault. Probably they want us to buy a new headset, but probably it will not be an Oculus.
Anyway it's a shame that my (and so many) VR system now is useless junk just beacuse of a stupid cable.
Is it possible there is no third party spare cable in the market? 

parsecn
Heroic Explorer
No 3rd party cables have been made available at this time. And to my knowledge, no persons or company have put their hand up to manufacture them. 
Oculus support standard answer for faulted CV1 cable(s) outside of warranty is, "Just buy a Rift-S" or "Buy a refurbished CV1" which completely blows. 
Let us know how your test goes. I won't buy another Oculus hardware product again. 

Gico
Protege
Well, I tested my CV1 (and cable) on my friend's system and have been very pleased to realize that my CV1 and its cable are both OK!   🙂

I was quite sure it was a faulty cable issue, but luckely it's not.
Useless to say I tried swapping ports and so on...

I'm going to investigate on USB 3 port on my system and let you know.