cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boneworks - Is it coming to Oculus store or just steam exclusive?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hey guys, I was just wondering if we will be getting this on Oculus store on 10th December?

Also how much will it cost in British pounds ££££ please?

Really excited for this game! hope it runs well on my PC and really hope it turns out as good as it looks in the development trailers.

Thanks.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Pretty sure it's Steam only, but you never know... they are working on a Quest game in the Boneworks universe, so they must have some sort of relationship with Oculus.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
That's cool, it probably has something to do with the fact that their physics engine is very CPU intensive.

They have added this message to the specs on the Steam store:
CPU performance required for physics calculations! These min specs are based on Rift CV1+Touch, Original Vive 90hz, and RiftS 80hz, ONLY.

So it seems like they're warning us! lol

I am slightly worried because I have an old i5 4690k CPU but a decent RTX 2080 so I worry my CPU will struggle in this game.

EDIT: I think I read somewhere the game will be $40 but do you guys know how much it will be in the UK in british pounds £?

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

bigmike20vt
Visionary

I am slightly worried because I have an old i5 4690k CPU but a decent RTX 2080 so I worry my CPU will struggle in this game.?

quad core haswell refresh cpu, easily capable of hitting 4.5ghz.... admittedly no hyperthreading but i still very much doubt it will limit you.

if you do not have a decent cooler however and you dont overclock, maybe it is time to change that.  a decent cooler you can take withyou on to new builds in the future as well.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

They are actually making use and designing the game around the finger tracking of the index controllers.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'd be surprised to see Boneworks in the Oculus Store, but maybe the devs need to eat... 😉

It's seems enabling shadows will be very hardware demanding, this game may benefit a lot from ASW 2.0... If I'd have to make the choice it would be difficult for me (great shadows and performance + ASW 2.0 vs. Index finger tracking + poor shadows performance). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"