cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link disabled, Quest operating in standalone, yet appears as working in Oculus application

Ashram56
Explorer
Good morning,

I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting Oculus Link to reliably work. And it's probably not a cable issue, since when I did get it to get enabled, it worked beautifully.

Symptoms: the Oculus application on the PC detects the headset, states that it's active. When I put the Quest on, there is a pop up window asking for "enable Link". I enable it, and from there I have two symptoms:

One out of 10: Oculus Link does get enabled, I can launch applications, SteamVR, everything works as it should, no glitches

9 out of 10:
- The Quest reverts back to "standalone" mode
- If I access the settings on the Quest, I can see the Oculus Link option, and when I click on it, it states it cannot connect and fails to detect the host application on the PC
- If I access the settings on the Oculus application on the PC, it does detect the Quest and state it's "active and connected"

Note: Once I have it running, if I select the Guardian settings, it will revert back to the Quest mode of operation, and it will never go back to the Link mode of operation (well at least I could not figure out how to)

I swapped USB ports, no avail.

When it did work, it was really good though...
4 REPLIES 4

Ashram56
Explorer
Checking the logs, here's what I have:

02/12 18:09:21.874 {DEBUG}   [xrstreaming] trying to create transport with 'winusb,2833,183,1,83,2'
02/12 18:09:21.882 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
  Code: -6102 -- ovrError_XRStreamingUSBIssue
  Description: failed to open device 2833:0183: (10) no device
  OVRTime: 12726.814969
  Time: 2019-12-02 18:09:21 [882:746:600]

Yet Oculus app on the PC states that the HMD is up and running and connected...

themrgshow
Explorer
I'm having the same problem.

themrgshow
Explorer
Oculus Home says Quest Headset is connected and enabled (green light). But I can't access Rift Apps on the headset. Headset stay in "Standalone" mode.

Ashram56
Explorer
So I decided to buy an official Oculus Link cable, connected directly to the USB-C port on my RTX2080. And guess what... it does not work either.

Symptoms are slightly different now though:
- Quest gets detected on first connection
- Headset requests to enable Link, which I do, but after a few seconds it reverts back to Oculus Quest home screen, stating "PC Disconnected"

From there, I can't detect the Quest anymore, it remains as "not connected". If I remove it from the app, it get detected again.

Seriously, this is painful. I mean I could understand if this was a cable issue, or if it was limited to my setup, but the fact is I bought an official cable, and on top of that I have the exact same issue on another PC. But not on a third one.

Can someone from Oculus respond on this ?