New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

buying Oculus Rift CV1 without any cables. What 3rd. party cables exactly do I need to buy?

I'm looking to buy an original Oculus Rift CV1 -not S. The deal is with no cables at all, so I need to know exactly what cables I need to buy from 3rd. party.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,689 Volunteer Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    There are no third party cables (it uses a proprietary plug), and Oculus has discontinued the only cable.
    You'll need to look on somewhere like Ebay for somebody selling their cable.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,689 Volunteer Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Yeah, it's been a bit of a drama in the Oculus community since they discontinued the CV1 cable. The plug on the Oculus end is made by another company that stopped making them. Oculus stopped selling the cables and kept the few remaining ones for warranty replacements.

People have been buying broken Rifts just to get the cables.

Unfortunately there's no alternative.

Answers

• OctopusRiftOGOctopusRiftOG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    kojack said:
    There are no third party cables (it uses a proprietary plug), and Oculus has discontinued the only cable.
    You'll need to look on somewhere like Ebay for somebody selling their cable.
    Wow didn't expect that answer. Thanks a ton.
  • parsecnparsecn Posts: 94
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm looking to buy an original Oculus Rift CV1 -not S. The deal is with no cables at all, so I need to know exactly what cables I need to buy from 3rd. party.
    Further reading, see here https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144 

Please take a moment to vote, too!
  • morsifymorsify Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Seems to me someone is trying to sell you that CV1 precisely because of this shortage - their cable broke and they cannot get a replacement. I would avoid it unless you have a definite source of headset cable.