cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wont Install = "It looks like we can't reach the Oculus server..."

smokeyj91
Sightseer
I'm having trouble Re-installing the OculusSetup.exe 

I bought the Rift around June and its worked perfect with no issues, the software and installation initially was smooth and everythings been great. Until now.
Haven't used it in a month or so and was prompted to do some updates, in doing this my problems started:

• Locked into update loop with no actual updates happening.
• Attempted to repair with installer which took me back to the update loop in the end.

So i uninstall & wipe of Oculus from my system (Not a single trace - there isn't even logs i've tried to find them for support) and downloaded the Setup.exe. new problem starts

• After getting past accepting terms i get " Can't connect      It looks like we cant reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection." 

Spent hours on this last night and hours again today, i'd really appreciate some help.
2 REPLIES 2

smokeyj91
Sightseer
Support seem to be no "Support" at all with this either, i have had nothing after telling them there is no logs to provide.

smokeyj91
Sightseer
Just to update - support still dont seem to be able to fix this.

I have returned my Oculus Rift to Argos as its less than 5 months old, and purchased a HTC Cosmos.
This little bit of info might help anyone having the issue im having,
The HTC Software comes with Rift support - worth checking out if you got stuck like me.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?