cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Oculus Link

att1cu3
Honored Guest
I'm trying to connect my Quest to my computer, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I bought the Anker cable before it sold out, and connected it to my computer. However, the Rift app said to try a different USB port, and if that didn't work, the cord was incompatible. Different USB ports gave the same response. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

enigma01
Trustee
Is the Anker cable you have definitely USB 3.0?

The reason I ask is that in the UK the cable on Amazon that the Oculus website links to is unavailable. An ‘new model’ shows up, but when you check the spec of this cable it’s only usb 2.0. This is the one I’m talking about l... 

Anker Powerline+ USB-C to USB-A (10ft/3m) Double-Braided Nylon Fast Charging Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S10/ S9/ S9+/ S8/ S8+/ Note 8, MacBook, iPad Pro 2018, LG V20/ G5/ G6 & More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G148YMS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YhQ5Db3TN0TVV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try flipping the plug over and reinserting to the port. Not sure why, as usb-c's supposed to be universal in the way it's inserted, but for some reason, some cables only give a data connection if the plug is inserted with a certain orientation. Flip it upside down and see if that helps.

att1cu3
Honored Guest

enigma01 said:

Is the Anker cable you have definitely USB 3.0?

The reason I ask is that in the UK the cable on Amazon that the Oculus website links to is unavailable. An ‘new model’ shows up, but when you check the spec of this cable it’s only usb 2.0. This is the one I’m talking about l... 

Anker Powerline+ USB-C to USB-A (10ft/3m) Double-Braided Nylon Fast Charging Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S10/ S9/ S9+/ S8/ S8+/ Note 8, MacBook, iPad Pro 2018, LG V20/ G5/ G6 & More 

Ah. That's why. I just assumed it was USB 3.0. Thanks!