New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I can't add payment method to my account

Comments

• DxrkFateDxrkFate Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem today as I tried to get the beat saber game. My mum used her two different credit cards, tried my antie’s card, tried my debit card and PayPal, all not accepted . It is very annoying!!!
  • vrthailandvrthailand Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It's happen on me today. If Oculus can't fix this solution. How we're buy games?
  • JohnnyLeeJohnnyLee Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. I just bought the game on Steam instead.
  • DoltBoltDoltBolt Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I found a solution. It's simpler than it seems. All you need to do is add a payment method from the oculus website then close and reopen ur oculus app and it will be there. :)
  • Ornery_OtterOrnery_Otter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    ArcJurado said:
    DoltBolt said:
    I found a solution. It's simpler than it seems. All you need to do is add a payment method from the oculus website then close and reopen ur oculus app and it will be there. :)
    Website gives me the same error.  It's more than a little ridiculous that this issue has been around for YEARS with no end in sight lol.
    I couldn’t agree more. This has been a problem since 2017, which is insane by itself. How is this even a problem? Credit cards are not new, and paying online is not new, and adding/saving a credit card to use online is not new. Really is pathetic that this isn’t getting more attention. 
  • noahNSWnoahNSW Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Try Adding card view the website, NOT THE APP. Had the same problems as everyone else in the app. But when I added it via the oculus website, it added just fine, probably because the website uses 4-digits for the year verification, and the app only tries to use 2-digits. Whatever the case, issue resolved for me.
  • graham1414graham1414 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This is some sketchy crap if this problem has been going on since 2017. App on the phone gives me the error, unable to add payment method. So I go to the website on a laptop and add same payment method and it doesn’t give me an error message but it also doesn’t look like it worked either. But then go back to the app and close out completely and log back in and the payment method shows up. Seriously should not be this difficult!
  • LiquidStar1LiquidStar1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am also having this issue.  Just bought the Oculus Quest, setup my account and cannot add my credit cards via the App or the Website.  I have tried 2 of my credit cards (which I use to purchase other items online on a regular basis) and I get the same error message.  I have been going back and forth with Oculus Support for almost a week now and still no solution.  I wanted to buy a few games and now I am questioning why I bought this if I cannot even do this.  This should be the easiest thing to do, taking your customers money!  I should not have to try this hard just to purchase something....After reading all of these comments going back to 2017 I am amazed this is still happening.  If they can't fix this in the next few days I am returning.
  • lil_duckielil_duckie Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    It’s annoying I just got my quest it not letting me add a payment I tried changing email different cards I even did it on the website I really want get games but I don’t know how to because I do not have a pc or computer oculus or someone pls help 😔
  • TBSMBTBSMB Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    FIXED---
    Change your email address to one that isn't associated with your Facebook account. Set up a dummy gmail if you have to. Worked for me.
  • Vault_Meat101Vault_Meat101 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    JohnnyLee said:
    Same problem here. I just bought the game on Steam instead.
    If you buy the game on steam will you be able to use it on the oculus quest? If yes, how?
  • cameron.white.1996cameron.white.1996 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue. I just want to buy some games. I have never had my card declined or have been told to contact my bank. I never would've imagined I'd have this much trouble.
  • DeathByTrollingDeathByTrolling Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    looks like im the new one to get this message wanted to buy creed and i know the card is correct its like the system is saying Fuck you your not buying this 
  • Simon.DevauxSimon.Devaux Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, try many solutions but always the same error.....
  • inertexinertex Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same they have to get it together 

• crazyk619crazyk619 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited April 2020
    ive got the same issue after they gave me a refund on a game cant add any bank details  oculus bunch of idiots cant seem to fix anything 
  • Bellis666Bellis666 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited April 2020
    crazyk619 said:
    ive got the same issue after they gave me a refund on a game cant add any bank details  oculus bunch of idiots cant seem to fix anything 

Im having the same problem, Ive had 2 accounts (paypal and CC) linked since January with zero issues. Not sure if they flagged my account for buying more Quest but my last order was cancelled. Apparently buying one for my kids and husband isn't allowed and now both my payment methods have been deleted and cant add them back in or anything new.
  • alexflyingalexflying Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    oculus is so irresponsible. Instead of solving the problem, they just trying to sell the piece of shit. 
  • dedeijdedeij Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 2020
    adding this to this forum as well, since it's the first one that comes up when Googling this issue. 

I had this issue as well today, my oculus account is linked by email, but I am ALSO signed in via facebook, in order to add a payment method, I had to go to the APP, tell it to log out of facebook, add the payment method(paypal) while it was logged out of facebook, i then was able to purchase my game(in the headset), than I told the app to sign back in to facebook. Not sure if it will work for everyone but that is what worked for me 

Hopefully this at least helps some of you. 
  • DerpoTheFattoDerpoTheFatto Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    dedeij said:
    adding this to this forum as well, since it's the first one that comes up when Googling this issue. 

I had this issue as well today, my oculus account is linked by email, but I am ALSO signed in via facebook, in order to add a payment method, I had to go to the APP, tell it to log out of facebook, add the payment method(paypal) while it was logged out of facebook, i then was able to purchase my game(in the headset), than I told the app to sign back in to facebook. Not sure if it will work for everyone but that is what worked for me 

Hopefully this at least helps some of you. 
    I have tried this but to no avail, it keeps on giving me the error. I have tried 2 different payment methods, a different device, different browsers, and I keep getting the same error.
  • sonicnerd14sonicnerd14 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I'm having this issue now as well. Why has this flaw been overlooked and they refuse to acknowledge that this is an issue with their system. At this point I wouldn't recommend anyone into the Oculus ecosystem because one day they all of a sudden won't be able to purchase anything from it. This along with other random flaws they have in their software just doesn't make it a good choice.
  • BugPugBugPug Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have now just experienced the "sorry, we're unable to add the payment method" thing. I tried to add a payment method through the app, website and also through the website in the headset.It happend after I refunded "lies beneath" so maybe that is the reason why it's just weird why this has been happening since 2017 it's kinda sad oculus hadent been able to aid the situation to the community. 
  • MradrMradr Posts: 4,179 Valuable Player
    edited May 2020
    For everyone here - please check your information matches other parts of your accounts such as name, address, phone number, zip, etc etc. Following that - please contact your CC provider and figure out if its a problem on their end or even if you are getting charges. No changes or failure to get charge could be a sign something up. Considering most of you are a single post and gon account - I question some of the problems are self created, fake, or trying to game the system without real follow ups. With out a real follow up - no point of failure can be made and thus the problem can never be fix or place blame at.

Ps. I am creating this because of some Reddit poster trying to blame it on Oculus than trying to figure out what the problem is in the first place. People over on Reddit love just to simply downvote for a spoon fed answer instead of trying to figure what the problem is.

Base off other tib bits I been slowly collecting together it also sounds like a device issue in your submit. This tells me something might be off with your browser. This can because by a lot of things from:
    1) Not updating your browser (yes, you need to update it still once in a while.. if using chrome, please go to Google and download a new version).
    2) Windows also needs to be kept up to date - this means keeping up with your Windows updates - Perform any missing updates on your System.
    3) Some OS are NOT supported anymore - even if they work - they're going to start showing signs of things not working anymore. Thus - please keep with in the range of supported OS by MS. This includes Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Anything else it consider out of date and will start showing random issues.
    4) Make sure your time on your computer is set correctly. It mess up with SSL timing and thus could produce some strange time traveling cross talk that simply doesn't work.
    5) Make sure nothing is affects your transaction in between either such as proxies, AV, Ad blockers, etc
    6) As stated above - please check in with your CC provider. Also, make sure its a REAL CC company and not a repaid card. Sometimes, the PP cards simply don't work everywhere. But without starting with your CC company - its going to be near impossible to figure out any issues.

Failure to explain more than "its not working" should be just ignored as that information doesn't help anyone going forward. If its a real problem - then please explain what you have done so either we can either fix the problem, figure out where the problem is coming from, or at least have enough reports in to blame the current system.
  • Hazey113Hazey113 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Found out how to fix for me just need paypal
    Hazey113 said:
    Found out how to fix for me just need paypal
    For a lot of people this 2nd method works just fine. For some - they still seem to be having issues - but instead of trying to figure out the problem - they just down-vote - leave a short message and then accept you to still help them lol.
    @sonicnerd14 I am willing to try and help if possible - I believe you are one of the the Reddit poster 
  • KeepscoutingKeepscouting Posts: 14
    Brain Burst
    @Mradr .... I would totally agree with you, but I have tried multiple PC's, Browsers, Credit Cards etc. The support ticket I have they just keep asking me the same questions. I have been going thru these threads for days trying everything anyone said fixes the issue and 10 days later I still have nothing and I am still getting the same questions from the support person...I mean how many times do I have to answer the same questions...if the would read the email thread they would see the answers already provided.
         Originally the issue was that Oculus would send three 1 dollar charges to my card to try and authenticate the card which then would mark it as Fraud. The Banks all ok'd the charge yet every time I tired to purchase wham card was de-activated for fraud again.  Now when I try to add a payment I get no notification from my bank and the bank support tells me it the charge is never even sent... meaning it is within Oculus to resolve. Seeing that this has gone on for more than year with others,  I would say anyone want to buy a brand new Quest I have one for sale that was warn all of 5 minutes....I don't recommend anyone buying one and have talked people out of it...for now...Too many people having the issue to just be made up...
  • QVR-DudeQVR-Dude Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2020
    Oculus has updated their SDK 17(Quest) times now, but none of the updates have been able to figure this one out... and it was happening well before the Quest was ever released.  It's clear now- either Oculus knows what's going on but can't go public with the reason why, or Oculus is doing it themselves!  Either way, the Pico Neo 2 has just went public and as much as I hate China right now, I hate Oculus/Facebook even more.  I'm willing to buy a product from a country that willingly threw the whole human race under the bus just so their communist image could be protected!!! 

China's Godless communist party headset is now an acceptable alternative for me!!!  This thread has 16.5 thousand views as of 6/10/2020... what does that tell you?