cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: my Rift (CV) suddenly disappeared.

Gico
Protege
Hi, after using my  Oculus Rift without any problems for about 1 hour, I took a  break (30 minutes).
When I put it on again,I had black screen. No sign of life. 
I went to Oculus config panel and realized my Rift was not connected.
I tried to set it up again, but HDMI and USB port keep waiting for signal. 
I tried changing ports, restarting the system but no joy.
Also touch are disconnected, but I suppose it  depends on the rift problem. Sensors are both OK.
Whats the problem here?
Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Thats great news!
WAAAGH!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
After I've gotten my left Index controller back, my CV1 is disappearing too  :'( 

😉 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Gico
Protege
Hi guys, I can confirm it was a USB port issue.
Rift was connected to an add-on card USB 3 port. I connected it to a USB 3 port of the motherboard, et voilà! problem solved.
It seems that the bad USB port does not give enough power to the Rift.

Well, before you can call me stupid   😘 , let me tell you that changing/swapping ports perhaps is the first thing I tried, with no result.
Bad USB port doesn't work with Rift, but is good enough with other devices: mouse, joystick, keyboard. 
Maybe it doesn't give enough power to the Rift?

I'm quite sure had tried connecting the Rift directly to the motherboard... but perhaps I was in panic and performed my tests badly. 

Wrong assumptions and panic often lead to wrong conclusions...

parsecn
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for reporting back all the same. It certainly helps others who might encounter similar symptoms. 

And now you know to tread very lightly on your headset cable - treat it like a baby!