cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift not detected after PC restart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the thread about this issue appears to have been deleted... so here we go again...

Everytime I power on my computer I have to replug my USB cable to make my Rift S work.

Any idea what the problem is?

29 REPLIES 29

fra700
Explorer
There isn't solution, only a supporter service that makes you waste your time. If you've bought it in the last month then hurry up and send it to assistance. Later will be too late and you'll lose your money like me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

fra700 said:

There isn't solution, only a supporter service that makes you waste your time. If you've bought it in the last month then hurry up and send it to assistance. Later will be too late and you'll lose your money like me.

Should not lose money, Rift S has not been out long enough to exceed the warranty period yet...

Rift S is very picky about USB 3 ports, best to try one that does not share it's hub with other devices if you can.

fishhunt
Expert Protege
when i boot up my computer it only shows up in device manager 1"rift usb hub" so it wont work
only thing I get it to work to take out usb and put it back in. then shows up in device manager 2 "rift usb hub 
I have a desktop and a laptop I have do this on both of them
on my laptop it says unknown usb device(port reset failed) I think its something with windows 10 not picking up oculus usb drivers ,only had oculus rift s few days still learning never had these issues on my old rift. I have contact oculus support about it.

Update from oculus support

Let's make sure that Windows power management is disabled:

·       
Open the

·       
Under Related
settings, click Additional power settings.

·       
Select the High
Performance power plan. If this option is not available, select Balanced.

·       
Click Change plan
settings next to your selected plan.

·       
Click Change advanced
power settings.

·       
Expand USB settings
and set USB selective suspend setting to** Disabled**.

While I look into this further for you, I would like to collect
some additional information:

·       
Full name, shipping address and phone number

·       
Oculus username and/or email address associated with your account

·       
Headset serial number: which can be found by removing the
headset facial interface, and starts with "1WMGH"

·       
Unit serial number: which is located on the bottom of the black
box and starts with "1WMVR"

·       
Retail receipt or invoice including item, retailer, price, and
date -OR-
Oculus order number

If it's determined that a replacement is required, a payment
method will need to be added to your account in order to proceed. We recommend
you add one now while we continue to review your case. Please note that this is
a system requirement and you will not be charged. Instructions for adding a
payment method can be found 

fishhunt
Expert Protege
Has any one tried it in a usb3.1

andrea.daviero
Explorer
I have the same issues, at the first installation it worked with no issues. When I restarted the PC after shut down, I was no more able to use rift-s. What I did was to completely remove the drivers from the device manager (eliminating also the software). At the next oculus opening, it installed default drivers (generic USB and USB HUB superspeed generic) and it works every time I open close the oculus software or I use steam VR. The issue that remains is at system boot. I need always to unplug/plug the rift. I don't think that the life of the USB will last forever doing Always plug/unplug.

I sent ticket, received answer, with no useful tips (except for switching off power saving, which could help for other devices).

Definetly is a software (drivers) issue. I'll buy a USB hub to be installed on my PC, but I doubt it will help.

welsol
Honored Guest

fishhunt said:

Has any one tried it in a usb3.1

I tried it but it was useless

andrea.daviero
Explorer
I'm using one of the on board USB3.1 Type2 ports. It appears the only port I use as type2 and for this reason, the other USB ports (I think) use different motherboard controller. However, on my PC I only have 5 ports used: Mouse, keyboard, joystick, throttle, oculus.
Already tried every port, and already tried to remove most equipment (joy and throttle). No difference.
I really doubt that is an USB hub related problem as a lot of people is experiencing troubles.
Also, the oculus, once it is working, it works with no issues. So, the USB is not the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issues, at the first installation it worked with no issues. When I restarted the PC after shut down, I was no more able to use rift-s. What I did was to completely remove the drivers from the device manager (eliminating also the software). At the next oculus opening, it installed default drivers (generic USB and USB HUB superspeed generic) and it works every time I open close the oculus software or I use steam VR. The issue that remains is at system boot. I need always to unplug/plug the rift. I don't think that the life of the USB will last forever doing Always plug/unplug.

I sent ticket, received answer, with no useful tips (except for switching off power saving, which could help for other devices).

Definetly is a software (drivers) issue. I'll buy a USB hub to be installed on my PC, but I doubt it will help.

I tried powered USB hub, it didn't help.

fishhunt
Expert Protege
when i boot my computer up with my oculus rift s connected, in device manager  "oculus usb hub" and "unknown usb device(port reset failed) " like said before think windows 10 put there usb drivers in when you boot up not oculus usb drivers if you take it out the usb then put it back in all works perfect then you look device manager you will see 2 "oculus usb hub"   Microsoft usb drivers automatically gets put in when you boot up the computer is there any way to get the oculus drivers stay in on boot up