cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the next BIG game from Team Oculus?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Seems Asgard's Wrath and Stormland have made their VR marks although from reading the thoughts around here and other places neither game has had the same addictive  qualities as No Man's Sky or widely revered as Lone Echo (that's my personal interpretation). Valve are taking all   a lot of the credit right now for pushing VR into the mainstream with HL:Alyx which must hurt a little if you've been championing the Oculus cause up until now (Oculus The Beat Sabre Quest aside). So what's next for team Oculus. Surely they can bring it back into the fold. Lone Echo 2 was announced but what about a partnership with Ubisoft to bring Assassin's Creed VR or Splinter Cell VR games to the platform. Oculus are really pushing Vader Immortal but that's a good use of the Star Wars Licence but not a full-on game in the same league as the others I've just mentioned. I think now would have been a great time for Oculus to announce exclusivity of Resident Evil 7 but I guess the talks with Capcom didn't come to any agreements.  So what's next Oculus don't let Valve take all the limelight for all the hard ground-work you already put in to VR. All you need to do is come up with a teaser trailer of <insert big game name here> with a logo and coming soon and it will raise heart rates. This town is big enough for the both of you.

😘 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
23 REPLIES 23

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@SkScotchegg - Nothing wrong with hoping, but with nothing coming out of Oculus, it makes me think that a highend Rift for PC -VR is not coming. The last thing they said about standalone PC -VR, is that it would be cheap from now on and you don't build a highend VR headset on the cheap. That might happen in years to come when new tech has arrived and is cheap enough to produce.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I have strong doubts because Oculus don't really talk about stand alone PC -VR anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nakamura's Fall of course. All I need is funding from Oculus to the tune of £1m to get it finished.

I'm looking at making it with IK and a full body at the moment but may have to ditch that idea unless I can work out how to adjust things for people of different heights. Haven't been able to work on it for a week and a half cos I've been ill with a REALLY bad cold.

inovator
Consultant

RedRizla said:

I see a couple of titles in the works, but with not much talk about future PC -VR headsets, I have to wonder what will come after that. I'm still not sure if Oculus Quest will be Rift 2. I guess only time will tell.

I'd only ever accept that if they gave it a battery that could last 6+ hours. I hear current Quest only last 2 hours? That's the one thing that puts me off Quest.

I still really hope Oculus push for high end VR and bring us CV2 within next 12-18 months.

I'd even be happy if they announced it next year and said it's not coming for another year or so, at least we could all talk over the specs and have something to look forward to! :wink:

I dont understand how battery life would stop you. When I know I'm playing more than 2 hours I wear on my side a battery pack that is not at all cumbersome and gives hours of extra life. I think you would be happy with it.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

I think now would have been a great time for Oculus to announce exclusivity of Resident Evil 7 but I guess the talks with Capcom didn't come to any agreements.  So what's next Oculus don't let Valve take all the limelight for all the hard ground-work you already put in to VR. 

I know what you mean, I've been waiting for Resident Evil 7 to come to PC VR for years now, just doesn't seem to be happening.

I wonder if Oculus even know that we're waiting for this? Do you think we need to all message them on twitter or something?

I think this was already done. I am of the belief it's Capcom not Oculus that's the problem here. Maybe they don't want to play ball with Facebook?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.