cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Cybereality 

Here are my logs, I keep on getting tracking issues,  I was going to try an adapter for my USB 3.0 cables, I am running 4 sensors. With TPCast hooked up. But I keep on getting stuttering, or loss of tracking, 3 sensors are connected to USB 3.0 one to USB 2.0. Anyways please let me know what you find out on my logs, thanks. 

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\

Thanks.

Neither of those 2 ever get made for me.
downloads the 6gb,starts to install then fails.
the program files oculus folder varies in size upon every fail,300mb - 8.5gb.

Can't believe we still need to use the hotfixbypass after all these months.

So is there another line to add to the shortcut that will force a log file?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

Sapulidi
Explorer
@MystaMagoo and others: I found a way to let setup finish so the logs/folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\  are created! You can find it here!

XeX
Explorer
Ive got stuttering (micro pauses every 2 seconds) after 5 min of gameplay after the update, even on 1.38.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus rift S
The audio doesn't work after few minutes playing (it happens always after a momentaneous block of the frame). I have to close the game and restart the oculus app to get it works. I've tried all my library games and the problem is always the same. I tried every the workaround that are suggested in this forum. I have a asus laptop GL703VM with an NVIDIA 1060 (6gb of ram).

Cegs
Honored Guest
First time purchasing oculus and went with the rift s.
My issue is that the app is installed but when it prompts me to make an oculus account I get an error message that reads "Can't reach oculus service." I am not sure which files I need to upload so ill upload both. 

Avenze
Explorer
oh yeah, getting the logs from an UNEXISTANT FOLDER?
the installer fails, no fucking logs are generated.

Thornn
Honored Guest
Display port keeps disconnecting and re-connecting soon after, already sent a support ticket and revived "help" that i already knew could fix the problems and nothing. i just need help atm 

Aidanboss1
Honored Guest
 Hello.  I'm getting the error that new drivers are required for my graphics card.  I tried all of the steps to get it working, but no luck.  I attached my log file.  Thanks!