cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Tracking coming this week!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Looks like we're getting our hands on this feature before the end of the year! It'll just be in Oculus menus and built-in apps at first, but the SDK releases next week, so developers can start including support in their apps soon.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.oculus.com/blog/thumbs-up-hand-tracking-now-available-on-oculus-quest/
Looking forward to giving this a go once the update rolls out to my Quest.
Apparently Oculus is a little ahead of schedule on this.

TheDDerick
Honored Guest
So i made this discussion to discuss about oculus quest hand tracking system i havent tried it just yet but im hoping its exactly how i imagined or how they are saying it. Im also hoping they are able to make it so if you are looking forward and put ur hand behind ur back u can still grab the thing you were trying to grab

TheDDerick
Honored Guest
if you have anything to say just feel free to do it here

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've merged the hand tracking threads to keep things tidy.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP

Im also hoping they are able to make it so if you are looking forward and put ur hand behind ur back u can still grab the thing you were trying to grab

Games could fake it by just assuming hands moving towards your back are going to do a grab. But of course they can't tell if you really grabbed since fingers are only tracked when visible to the cameras. Hand tracking is less reliable than controller tracking.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Exciting times

Anonymous
Not applicable
So how the heck did my thread I started this morning with this announcement get overtaken on first post and mine get pushed to second?

Oh I see, guess me not being a moderator kicks me out of that right...
Yay!! Loving these Oculus forums!!

enigma01
Trustee

dburne said:

So how the heck did my thread I started this morning with this announcement get overtaken on first post and mine get pushed to second?

nalex66 had already started a Hand Tracking announcement post yesterday, they have just been merged together...

kojack
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

It's not because Nalex is a moderator, it's because he beat you by 20 hours.
If your post came first, his thread would have been merged into yours instead.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2