cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Medal of Honor VR - Be Oculus' Half Life Alyx moment?

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
aolnhxls4x5h.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
41 REPLIES 41

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I think Medal of Honor will be amazing. Oculus bringing a WW2 shooter to the platform is beyond awesome. 

But WW2 is no competition against Alyx and it does not have to be. Both make VR stronger as a platform, and that's what counts.

Thus I doubt that Medal of Honor will be a system seller like Alyx, but I do love (some) surprises.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
No chance. Whilst MOH has numerous fans, it's simply leagues behind the Call of Duty franchise.  No matter how well MOH VR turns out to be it's does not have the same draw as COD. A shame we're also going back to WWII which has been done-to-death over the years. I would have preferred a modern day MOH game rather than WWII.  Perhaps a proper Call of Duty VR game could raise some interest.

What Oculus need to do in my opinion is get something like Resident Evil 8 VR as an exclusive. This would sell Oculus  VR headsets especially if they really went all in and disabled Revive compatibility on-the-sly.  I also believe once CP 2077 releases there will be a massive resurgence of interest in Cyberpunk themed games. There are a few cyberpunk VR offerings in the making but a bigger budget title from Oculus would generate much interest post the first half of 2020. Something of that nature if done right could get the juices flowing in a similar manner to HL Alyx. However, because Valve is Valve and Half Life 3 has been a running joke for aeons I don't think any VR game can match the current hype no matter what unless it was actually Half Life 3 VR.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
This feels like a RockBandVR moment again - execs with no real knowledge of the market stick a pin in a map to find a IP they can use on their VR hardware, without doing the due-diligence on what would be the best content. But anyway, after see the great job nDream did with their shooter fingers are crossed. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Which brings me to the question. Where is the Half Life mod that is supposed to being worked on? Can we safely say it isn't going to happen or not?

kojack
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

This feels like a RockBandVR moment again - execs with no real knowledge of the market stick a pin in a map to find a IP they can use on their VR hardware, without doing the due-diligence on what would be the best content. But anyway, after see the great job nDream did with their shooter fingers are crossed. 

It's not quite that bad though, unless they start including an adapter to connect a MOH proprietary controller to a touch controller. 🙂

Do any Medal Of Honor games actually involve getting a medal? It's been a LONG time since I've played a MOH game.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yea, I will be all over this one.

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer

kojack said:
Do any Medal Of Honor games actually involve getting a medal? It's been a LONG time since I've played a MOH game.

It's been a long time, but yes, I think so.  I remember playing Rising Sun on the Gamecube and being blown away by the Pearl Harbor level.  If they can capture that cinematic shooter feel in VR, they will have my money for sure.  

Edit: Sorry I misread that as "Do any MOH games actually deserve a medal" lol.

zerocool1028
Protege
Yeah storming Normandy is gonna gonna be pretty insane if executed well. I gotta start saving in the new year to build a pc for vr. I really want to play these games and other on pcvr.

Luciferous
Consultant
I loved MOH and played it way too much. I joined a clan and everything and had many a happy night in Stalingrad.

Hopefully Omaha Beach is in there. The maps were brilliant. There is a MOH map for Stalingrad in Pavlov.