cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S stuttering only with SteamVR!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I owned a CV1 for 2.5 years and never had any problems. 
Last week I got my Rift S and since then I sadly can´t enjoy VR to the fullest anymore, because SteamVR games stutter from time to time. As soon as I turn my head or put my head up/down the stuttering begins. Hard to describe. It´s like tracking/performance issues for milliseconds.
Games without SteamVR work perfectly so it has something to do with SteamVR in combination with Rift S. With CV1 it worked perfectly last week.

Anyone can help me?
I didn´t change any settings in SteamVR since I have the Rift S and super sampling in SteamVR is at 100%.

Setup:

i7 8700k 
GTX 1080ti
16gb RAM
Windows 10

12 REPLIES 12

maxsvldz
Explorer
It must be something wrong with the new update, it fucked up my whole VR Experience too. 
My games are laggy and tracking seems off. 
Im not the only one with those problems, and i think Oculus is already aware of this problem.
Also framerates suck and get a lot of framedrops.
I have a 1070 with a Ryzen 7 2700x, should be having this problems, so its definetly a problem with V12.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

D0NIC said:

Hello,

Last week I got my Rift S and since then I sadly can´t enjoy VR to the fullest anymore, because SteamVR games stutter from time to time. As soon as I turn my head or put my head up/down the stuttering begins. Hard to describe. It´s like tracking/performance issues for milliseconds.
Games without SteamVR work perfectly so it has something to do with SteamVR in combination with Rift S. With CV1 it worked perfectly last week.

Anyone can help me?
I didn´t change any settings in SteamVR since I have the Rift S and super sampling in SteamVR is at 100%.

Setup:

i7 8700k 
GTX 1080ti
16gb RAM
Windows 10

Go to your Stream Library and check your SteamVR App.  If it is beta try right clicking it, go to beta tab, and opt out.  Conversely, if it is not showing beta, try opting in to it.  I do this whenever I have SteamVR issues.

Also, if you just switched over to a Rift S from cv1 you may want to go through the SteamVR room setup again.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

aldavcar
Honored Guest
Suffering from same stuttering and lag problems trying to play any of my Steam VR sim games using Rift S this week.  Rift S has been a massive disappointment and downgrade for me with far too many problems compared to the CV1.  Think I will treat myself this Xmas to a new VR headset from a different company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

D0NIC said:

Hello,

Anyone can help me?

Setup:

i7 8700k 
GTX 1080ti
16gb RAM
Windows 10

Go to your Stream Library and check your SteamVR App.  If it is beta try right clicking it, go to beta tab, and opt out.  Conversely, if it is not showing beta, try opting in to it.  I do this whenever I have SteamVR issues.

Also, if you just switched over to a Rift S from cv1 you may want to go through the SteamVR room setup again.

Already tried Beta and Non-Beta. No success.
Already done the room setup again and even reinstalled SteamVR. No success.

Anonymous
Not applicable

aldavcar said:

Suffering from same stuttering and lag problems trying to play any of my Steam VR sim games using Rift S this week.  Rift S has been a massive disappointment and downgrade for me with far too many problems compared to the CV1.  Think I will treat myself this Xmas to a new VR headset from a different company.

I´ve played over 2000 hours with my old Rift CV1 and since I´ve got the Rift S I only played like 3 hours because I can´t enjoy it.. First the VERY BAD sound of the Rift S which kills any immersion for me and doesn´t let me dive into the virtual world and then the problem with SteamVR games.

Everything else on the Rift S is great. I wish Oculus would sell clip-on headphones with same audio quality like CV1 headphones and I hope the stuttering/lag with SteamVR can be fixed soon by an update.. I want to enjoy VR again like I did with CV1..

Marshg3
Honored Guest
I was playing games and i saw there was a oculus update so i updated and right after all my games where stuttering very bad and almost impossible to play 
setup: 
RTX 2070 super
AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
16GB RAM
WINDOWS 10 

Marshg3
Honored Guest
i have a fix that MIGHT work go to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers and in that file run oculus-driver then after that it will tell you to restart you pc. i cant promise this will work 

rozpierdalatorv
Honored Guest
Wpisz swój komentarz