cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 12.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 1/6/2020: We've seen some positive results from the latest PTC update we pushed out late last week so we're now starting to roll that out to the live, non-PTC channel as well. As always, if you experience issues, please utilize the Help Center > Provide feedback option within the desktop software or contact customer support. Thanks!

Important notes:

• In order to use Oculus Link, your PC software and Quest software must have matching version numbers. During this rollout, you may receive the v12 update on your Quest before you receive the PC v12 update, or vice versa. If you receive the PC v12 update before the Quest v12 update, you will need to wait until you receive the Quest v12 update before Oculus Link will work again. However, if you receive the Quest update first and are anxious to use Oculus Link again, you are welcome to opt into the PTC on PC to get to v12 more quickly. Please note that when v13 PTC rolls out, you will need to opt back out of the PTC and to stay on v12 and retain compatibility. The team is working hard to improve this experience so that this will not be an issue during future rollouts. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!
  • In an effort to simplify our software update processes, we are aligning the software version numbers across all of our products. You will see this reflected starting in this release (v12). We will continue to post separate release notes for our PC software and the standalone / mobile headset software. For more information on our release processes, please review this FAQ post.

Rift S

• New social features powered by Facebook – Starting today, when you choose to log into Facebook from Oculus, you’ll be able to access new social features that make it easier for you to connect with other people, including:
    • Chats, so you can message your Oculus friends in or out of the headset with quick responses to hop into games together
    • Join your friends in VR directly from any device with links that open to where your friends are within an app.
    • User-created Events, so you can organize meetups or multiplayer games with friends
    • Share photos, videos, and livestreaming to Facebook, allowing you to share your favorite moments to Facebook Groups from VR
    • Parties that any of your Oculus friends can join (previously parties were only invite-only)
  • We’re updating the Oculus Privacy Policy to clarify that these social features are also provided by Facebook. The updated Privacy Policy clarifies how Oculus data is shared with Facebook to inform ads when you log into Facebook on Oculus.
  • Updated firmware to improve performance

Fixes

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
306 REPLIES 306

Akmenos
Honored Guest

Akmenos said:

Hi, i have Oculus Rift, since this release, i have no sound on launched games by Oculus App, on the same game launched by steam vr I have sound. Before this i had sound in game 🙂

Edit: I have sound on my "VR Home" only

If Someone have the same problem, a little workaround: you can just add non-steam game on steam and launch with steam et sound be back 😄

NeoEdo
Expert Protege
Before today's driver update (12/11) the tracking with my Touch controllers was smooth. After the update, the controllers/virtual hands are "jittery" when moving them around. As if they skip a beat, per se.
This issue did happen before the update when I had tried the Beta Channel. When I saw this happening, I switched back to non-beta and, again, everything was smooth. But after today, since it was officially released; I can't downgrade the driver to have smooth tracking anymore. None too pleased about that.
(I tried a repair, but to no avail)

I might post this in the support forum, as well. :s

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
My beta ptc 12.0 just got an update today.  I presume this is = final.

Oculus app version 12.0.0.191.268 (12.0.0.191.268)

All seems to work fine with my Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

OrangeW
Honored Guest

NeoEdo said:

Before today's driver update (12/11) the tracking with my Touch controllers was smooth. After the update, the controllers/virtual hands are "jittery" when moving them around. As if they skip a beat, per se.
This issue did happen before the update when I had tried the Beta Channel. When I saw this happening, I switched back to non-beta and, again, everything was smooth. But after today, since it was officially released; I can't downgrade the driver to have smooth tracking anymore. None too pleased about that.

Also seeing this in my version.

This is very disappointing considering this was posted about numerous times in the PTC thread.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

OrangeW said:

NeoEdo said:

Also seeing this in my version.

This is very disappointing considering this was posted about numerous times in the PTC thread.

Sorry to hear some are still having problems with 12.0.  Those with problems should contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  This will include sending in log files (very easy to do and this is explained well during the ticket process).  Otherwise, it will be virtually impossible for Oculus to track down and fix these issues imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

maxsvldz
Explorer
This update fucked up my framerate. Thanks oculus

PedroTM
Explorer
The 12.0 update caused constant stutter for me as well.  Using Rift CV1 with 1080ti and 9900k.  Everything was working perfectly prior to this update.

Several threads about this on Oculus subreddit as well.  This is not a few isolated cases... hoping for a fix soon as games are essentially unplayable in this state.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

PedroTM said:

The 12.0 update caused constant stutter for me as well.  Using Rift CV1 with 1080ti and 9900k.  Everything was working perfectly prior to this update.

Several threads about this on Oculus subreddit as well.  This is not a few isolated cases... hoping for a fix soon as games are essentially unplayable in this state.

I basically have exactly the same setup (see my signature) and I'm not having any problems.  Maybe make sure you are not using Sleep/Hibernate.  I've found that in the past if you do not do a complete shutdown, then restart, updates and drivers do not get installed properly.  Also, when you startup the Oculus app you may try logging out (friends tab) and then loging in again.  This sometimes helps.  

You can also try manually reinstalling Oculus drivers by going into your Oculus dir, find them, then install.  See this link;

https://support.oculus.com/222030444888073/

Of course you should also send your logfiles to oculus support as well.  I hope you guys find a fix for your current 12.0 issues.

Thomasphoenix
Explorer
my system crashed with the build 12 ptc, it was on a install oculus firmware loop for my rift S. After restart oculus software would keep asking for firmware update and when I press ok the same message again, I sent the log files to oculus and raised a ticket . After that I restored windows and went back to non ptc build. I haven't even seen a whisper of acknowledgment about this from oculus. Can I keep using the earlier build? I'm scared this will lead me to another restore situation.

huliqan
Adventurer
Rift S
After headset put down , and after few min later (no touch HMD) , and then if I put on my head - very much time in HMD no picture but hourglass icon only 😞
And if I at that moment playing game,game closed with error window
It looks like the helmet is falling asleep and cannot get out of sleep
...Disabling USB in power settings is prohibited!
...All USB in Device Manager - checkbox disabled