New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 11.0 Release Notes

1235»

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,679 Valuable Player
    edited November 2019
    teaston said:
    dburne said:
    Received my Joto 10 ft cable this afternoon, not able to get it to work. Everything just freezes.
    Have the recommended Anker cable coming hopefully soon, will have another try when it arrives.
    Very frustrating experience this evening.
    Where did you but the Anker cable? I couldn’t find it in stock anywhere!
    Amazon, it was not in stock but due in soon supposedly - mine is supposed to ship by the 25th I think.
    I did however get Link working with the Joto cable late last night - tried my front USB 3 port, and it worked great. Home opened up quickly and was smooth, and had a very short play in Vader Immortal and all looked good,
    Will be doing more testing with it today,

I could not get audio through the Quest though, was only coming through my desktop speakers.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    edited November 2019
    I am getting an error message when first connecting the Quest with Link, something to the effect of Oculus VRM TPAPP has stopped, then the message goes away and I am in Oculus Home.

Anyone else seeing this when first connecting Link to the Quest?

Also finding the audio to be somewhat lacking, not much volume on my end using either Quest audio or earbuds plugged into Quest audio jack. Adjusting volume for it in Dash also causing the headset image to freeze up.

Ok disregard the audio comment, I needed to adjust in the Quest Home, not in my Rift Home/Dash. Duh...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Not having much luck with using Link with Quest currently. Image keeps eventually freezing up in the HMD for the most part. Plus sometimes it takes me two to three tries to even get it to connect to Link. 
    It may be this 10ft Tojo cable I got and am using. I have the recommended Anker cable on order but it is now showing it won't arrive until around 25th-27th.
    I will try this all again when that cable gets here, right now just too dang frustrating.
    Don

• Greekspartan121Greekspartan121 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Got these today from Amazon .

AFUNTA 90 Degree USB C Type C Male to Female Adapter, Right & Left and Upward & Downward Angled 90 Degree USB-C USB 3.1 Type-C Male to Female Extension Adapter

Just wanted the one,great results,perfect angle,to tuck the wire round the back .Would and nice fit.

It played perfect without any glitches.
    Pistol whip, pirate trainer,Robo recall,Racket nx All played as they should,one after another.
    I only stopped because I was drenched,lol.

Well not exactly sure how I did it, but now have Oculus Link working with my Quest with this TOJO cable just fine.
    Pretty cool I must say.
    Amazing that it is providing the experience it does going through a USB 3 cable and the compressing/decompressing of the data.
    Even used with a couple of combat flight sims - DCS and IL-2, and was surprised how well it did with them.
    For those I will still prefer my Rift S though, slightly better image clarity and slightly less SDE than the Quest.

This is the cable I am using:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017COHTJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Don

• rafscipiorafscipio Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    does GPU 1050 TI work with oculus link?
    Tried right now some demos...and yes! it seems to work  :) 
    I'll try some heavier stuff and let you known
  • DiabolusCultorDiabolusCultor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I only have 1 pc with 3.1 support but, it runs on a crappy Pentium dual core processor. I was able to run link on it for one day and now it wont let me connect anymore. Time for a processor upgrade i guess.
  • isaacaubreyisaacaubrey Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I was able to get the Rift/Link dashboard working on my Quest once about a week and a half ago. Ever since then, i click to enable the Link beta and it just drops me into the Quest dashboard. I go to settings and hit the enable Link beta option- screen goes black for a second and then i'm back at the Quest dashboard. Anyone else have this issue? It all works great one time and then... sell this pos and wait for the next generation?

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,529 Volunteer Moderator
    I was able to get the Rift/Link dashboard working on my Quest once about a week and a half ago. Ever since then, i click to enable the Link beta and it just drops me into the Quest dashboard. I go to settings and hit the enable Link beta option- screen goes black for a second and then i'm back at the Quest dashboard. Anyone else have this issue? It all works great one time and then... sell this pos and wait for the next generation?

If you're still opted into the PTC beta of the PC software, opt out to revert to 1.43. There was an update a few days after Link released that isn't compatible with the Quest software until the next update.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • isaacaubreyisaacaubrey Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:

If you're still opted into the PTC beta of the PC software, opt out to revert to 1.43. There was an update a few days after Link released that isn't compatible with the Quest software until the next update.
    Ahhh - this totally explains it, while also lowering my blood pressure. Thanks very much for the info!
  • kevinwarhaftkevinwarhaft Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    will update 12 be released by christmas
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    will update 12 be released by christmas

More than likely...they've an update been per month so far.
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Still haven't received the Environment option... is it still being rolled out?
    xeno3d said:
    I don’t have it either... not sure why it’s taking so long. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • akaimizuakaimizu Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    xeno3d said:
    I don’t have it either... not sure why it’s taking so long. 
    I'm in the same boat. Pretty much the only notable feature I got was the Link Beta. At least that seems to be working. Seems odd that the seemingly more complex feature gets rolled out first while the seemingly easier ones are slowly rolled out as if they are the hard ones.
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    I also don't have the new environment. Strange... 
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • GravenMkKainGravenMkKain Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I use Samsung Gear VR. Tho it is powered by Oculus, ive noticed some of these screenshots look nothing like my settings & i assume thats because my gear is Samsung and not Oculus. Question is, are the software/firmware updates predominately the same? Im new to all of this.
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 285 Oculus Staff
    Hi folks - after seeing a couple questions here, I got clarification on a few of the features listed in these release notes. It seems there was a slight miscommunication, and the features listed under the Experiments section are not located under the Settings > Experiments menu. Rather, the New High Score Shelf in VR (Beat Saber) and Achievements in VR features are ones that we are currently testing, so they have only rolled out to a percentage of the user base, and it is expected that not everyone is able to see those features. (Testing features with a limited group is something we do from time to time as part of our feature development process, as it helps us get feedback on new features so we can continue to iterate and make the feature the best it can be for everyone.) The Personalization in VR feature is available to everyone, so it is not listed under the Experiments menu. Finally, as a reminder, the Environments for Quest feature is still in the process of rolling out to everyone. I’ll be updating the release notes with these clarifications.
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2019
    Bought this cable from Amazon USA 5 metres long.Theybhad seven at the time of buying it and there's one left.Mine arrived yesterday,was meant to arrive next Tuesday,so,perfect timing arriving early for the weekend testing.
    Great cable and Great Comms from seller prior to buying it 

Here's the link, remember Amazon American,change setting on app.i just pulled the screws out,not to scratch the quest,very easy to pull out.

Down Up Angled USB 3.1 Type-C Dual Screw Locking to Standard USB3.0 Data Cable 90 Degree for Camera (5.0M)

• akaimizuakaimizu Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I got the new environment just this past weekend. The classic Oculus Rift room. The actual room scale one unlike the quest version. Makes me wonder what new themes they are planning or are they thinking of something like rooms combining features of the Rift and Go platforms. something where you can meet up choose bgm and play tabletop games perhaps?
    Brain Burst
    Had an update tonight.

Seems more responsive and they've added digital IPD indicator.

Not séen anything else as yet,off to bed.
  • WuestefeldWuestefeld Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    After the forced update Link isnt working anymore.
    Used it the last two weeks ~4-5 hours a day. Now its working anymore. Have to switch to other glasses. :(

Used it the last two weeks ~4-5 hours a day. Now its working anymore. Have to switch to other glasses. :(

If your Quest has updated to v12, you need to update your PC software to v12 as well for Link to work. You can force that update by opting into the PTC (Public Test Channel) in the Oculus desktop app. This is outlined in the Quest v12 release thread.
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 285 Oculus Staff

Hey there - this is expected during the rollout. There's a note in bold about this in the v12 release notes post here (https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/83257/quest-go-gear-vr-build-12-0-release-notes). We're working to improve this process in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • WuestefeldWuestefeld Posts: 17
    Brain Burst

Hey there - this is expected during the rollout. There's a note in bold about this in the v12 release notes post here (https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/83257/quest-go-gear-vr-build-12-0-release-notes). We're working to improve this process in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!

in the text it says:  "you will need to wait until you receive the Quest v12 update before Oculus Link will work again"

Is there something to speed up the process? Iam now waiting for 2 days.
    Luckily I have a HTC Vive. But to plan it would be nice to know how many days / weeks / month, it will take, till Link will work again?

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane

in the text it says:  "you will need to wait until you receive the Quest v12 update before Oculus Link will work again"

Is there something to speed up the process? Iam now waiting for 2 days.
    Luckily I have a HTC Vive. But to plan it would be nice to know how many days / weeks / month, it will take, till Link will work again?

I installed it manually by sideloading it. Worked like a charm, just need to reboot after, then enable Hand Tracking in the Experiments tab in Settings.

Brain Burst
    Once you have version 12 installed on the quest.Open oculus on the pc and activate Beta,that will start the version 12 install on the pc,2 downloads.But leave it on Beta,otherwise version 1.43 will install again after and that will cause the link not to work.
    Pc and quest should be both versions matching to work.
    Hope that helps 
  • HeyItsAlecHeyItsAlec Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Printer_B said:
    Very nice! Will we have the ability to import our own environments?
    Any update on this?  Quite interested.