cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Issues

portal2turret
Protege
So I've been using Oculus Link a lot lately, and it's been working fine. My headset recently updated to the new hand-tracking version, and now Oculus Link has stopped working. My Oculus PC software is showing that my Quest is connected, and when I plug in my Quest, I'm prompted to enable Oculus Link. When I click "enable," the headset goes blank for a few seconds, then returns to the Quest home. The same thing happens if I try enabling it from the Quest settings. Here's what I've tried so far:

Restarting the headset and PC
Updating Oculus PC software (no updates available, and I made sure the public test channel is disabled)
Updating Quest software (no updates available)
Removing the Quest from the PC software and re-adding it
Running the Oculus PC repair tool from the installer (essentially totally reinstalling the PC software)

Again, Link was working great until this update hit on the Quest. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks!
36 REPLIES 36

KarstenS80
Adventurer

Hey @eduwp90,
I figured out how to get it working again. 
1. unplug your quest
2. go to devices -> and then CLick on "Quest & Touch" (shouldn't be connected!!)
3. You are now able to change audio settings. change audio from "Quest Headset" to "Use Windows Settings"
4. Check that your standard Output Device (like speakers) is active in Windows.
5. Plug in your Quest
6. You should still have the Red Warning messages
7. Start Your Quest and enjoy the sound!

It's working! The red alert messages are still there, but its working. At least for me... Let me know if that helped you, too!

Has anybody tried this yet and can confirm it‘s working?

For me "Use Windows settings" is working.

r4nt4npl4n
Honored Guest
Can confirm, tscherno-bill's solution works for me as well.
Thank you so much 😘

Drachenherz
Protege
Can confirm now too, Tscherno-Bills solution does work!

Chriscic
Honored Guest

So I've been using Oculus Link a lot lately, and it's been working fine. My headset recently updated to the new hand-tracking version, and now Oculus Link has stopped working. My Oculus PC software is showing that my Quest is connected, and when I plug in my Quest, I'm prompted to enable Oculus Link. When I click "enable," the headset goes blank for a few seconds, then returns to the Quest home. The same thing happens if I try enabling it from the Quest settings. Here's what I've tried so far:

Updating Oculus PC software (no updates available, and I made sure the public test channel is disabled)
Running the Oculus PC repair tool from the installer (essentially totally reinstalling the PC software)

Again, Link was working great until this update hit on the Quest. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks!

Same exact issue here. This thread went sideways into the audio issue... I don't see a solution to this basic non-working issue though.

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
Try enabling PTC, I had to as my headset updated, but the PC software would not, once I updated to the public test channel release, everything worked for me, played all weekend over Link.

Should_be_Blue
Explorer

Chriscic said:

Thanks!

Same exact issue here. This thread went sideways into the audio issue... I don't see a solution to this basic non-working issue though.

My solution was a change of cable.

Before V12 i was using a
Rampow USB 3 cable with a CableCreation extention.
This worked fine without any issues.

Since V12 i have had massive problems with the connection. Most of the time there was no connection anymore. Just in some rare non-replicable cases it worked liked before, but almost not.

Now i have tried the recommended Anker cable. Oculus Link is working without any issues. So probably they were working on the optimisation of the USB connection and the usual USB 3 isnt enough anymore?

eduwp90
Honored Guest

Hey @eduwp90,
1. unplug your quest
2. go to devices -> and then CLick on "Quest & Touch" (shouldn't be connected!!)
3. You are now able to change audio settings. change audio from "Quest Headset" to "Use Windows Settings"
5. Plug in your Quest

It's working! The red alert messages are still there, but its working. At least for me... Let me know if that helped you, too!

It worked for some applications. I can hear sounds in the oculus home menus, but i don't hear anything in the oculus dreamdeck (The demo app with the T-Rex etc.). I'll keep testing with other games and see.

Thanks for your solution!

PierSent
Honored Guest

Before V12 i was using a

Since V12 i have had massive problems with the connection. Most of the time there was no connection anymore. Just in some rare non-replicable cases it worked liked before, but almost not.

Now i have tried the recommended Anker cable. Oculus Link is working without any issues. So probably they were working on the optimisation of the USB connection and the usual USB 3 isnt enough anymore?

A change of cables didn't work for me, and I tryed three different ones that worked before the update....

It would be good if we will hear an commentary from someone from oculus team.

Should_be_Blue
Explorer

PierSent said:

Before V12 i was using a

A change of cables didn't work for me, and I tryed three different ones that worked before the update....

It would be good if we will hear an commentary from someone from oculus team.

Did you also tried that recommended Anker cable? This one worked for me.

Carnilo
Honored Guest

Hey @eduwp90,
1. unplug your quest
5. Plug in your Quest

Hi.

I tried this but it didn't work unfortunately.  When you change to "Use Windows Settings" there is a volume slider just below. This one is set to 0 for me and I cannot change it, can you?

Has there been any response from Oculus regarding this widespread issue?