cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to VR and wow

johnbrony
Honored Guest

Just got my first VR headset yesterday, the Oculus Rift S. Never used VR before that. I'm still in extreme awe.

VR reminds me of the old 3D rides at Disney World/Universal. Aliens, Star Tours, etc. But so much better. It feels so real, even the games with. cartoony graphics. Ultrawings makes me feel like I'm really flying. Having experience flying small aircraft, it made me feel like I was really there. Vader Immortal....wow. Seeing Vader up close and in HD, it was scary but also intriguing.

Spent a few hours playing VR games today. Felt like mere minutes. It will really suck you in.

If anyone has game suggestions, let me know. I assume the Rift S can only do games on the Oculus store and SteamVR?

3 REPLIES 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Welcome! This thread should probably get moved over to the General Forum (instead of being here on the Support forum). But it's always great to see new VR enthusiasts joining the community.

If you're looking for unique experiences, take a look at this thread:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/83429/which-vr-games-push-the-boundaries/p1

yep, thread moved and welcome to the forum @johnbrony
VR still has the power to wow me too 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Always good to hear peoples early VR experiences.  Having had VR for over 5 years it sometimes is easy to become a bit "used" to it, and takes a step back to remind myself how cool it is.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂