cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zhang Xiao's Works Show and Suggestions

z545077624
Explorer

I have been using this software for hundreds of hours. Generally speaking, the software is awesome! For artists with only basic knowledge of painting, this is undoubtedly the best method and solution to learn 3D.

Forgot to say, I am Zhang Xiao from China.

Actually, few people around us use this tool, so when I first started to use this software, I just gave it a try. However, due to the cross-generational performance of this software, I stick with it easily and have used it for hundreds of hours.

Oculus Medium is currently one of our main game development software. Today I will share some of my works and suggestions to express our urgent need for some new functions of the software. I believe this is also something that many related industry practitioners and users desperately need.

The first part is my work display. The following works are a small part of the models we have made recently.

l1npixqr6wbp.png

The first thing to note is that all the monsters were made by Oculus Medium. Because I didn't have the awareness at the beginning of the production, I didn't record the video of the modeling process.

However, I have all the project files, and all models were rendered with Blender, and used in our independent game called Infiltrated Rust, which is tentatively scheduled to enter steam in May next year.

8yf0wa7o3il3.png

18yc802crbu4.png

These two pictures are also carved with Oculus Medium. Back to the topic, we used the function of stamp to make the monster's fin part and all fish heads.

Oculus Medium is extremely convenient for making some random effects, and the entire model was completed in less than two hours. It can be seen from this model that if Oculus Medium has a skeletal system, it will definitely be more vivid than it is now.

fxafa93owhwl.png

Oculus Medium software has some unique advantages in making some machinery, but some details, such as the texture of the octopus's wrists, have to be processed again with other software.

Anyway, there is no more convenient way to make wires than VR.

40 REPLIES 40

z545077624
Explorer

I can carve extremely complex cloth pleats in ZBRUSH, but it is extremely difficult in Oculus Medium.

z545077624
Explorer
gme9qx3mc2u1.png

This is probably the most classic monster in our game, and many of our friends like it very much.

z545077624
Explorer
vx40mdyxlphk.png

If the internal storage can be larger, I will make it longer.

z545077624
Explorer

This model uses a lot of random effects, that is, the "strokes" naturally left in the sculpting.

Although I think VR modeling must have the ability of precise modeling, I do not deny that this effect left naturally is indeed its greatest advantage.

z545077624
Explorer

This model uses a lot of random effects, that is, the "strokes" naturally left in the sculpting.

Although I think VR modeling must have the ability of precise modeling, I do not deny that this effect left naturally is indeed its greatest advantage.

z545077624
Explorer
jd436pbxqr32.png

My friend said this looks like a robot from a movie, The Terminator. It is another model made by stamp randomly.

Although this is easy to have an effect, it is not a good idea for many conceptual arts. I think you definitely understand what I am talking about.

z545077624
Explorer
7czyfzxwgyhv.png

There is nothing wrong with this Angle, but this spiral conch is extremely hard to make and it is actually defective. Therefore, there should be a gradient tool for making spirals, or even gradient-sized spirals.

z545077624
Explorer
dd0nunhqt5dx.png

Another monster I like very much. Oculus Medium has great advantages in making some messy metal details.

z545077624
Explorer
wmmaq4rpt9r2.png

A very artistic monster

z545077624
Explorer
h0rsyn5arl9o.png

It occurred to me that Oculus Medium was very difficult to make something very thin, like women’s pantyhose and birds’ feathers.