cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck downloading update

RichHoldsworth
Honored Guest
I've tried two devices now, on two networks.
Both have got stuck downloading the device update during setup. The blue progress bar almost reaches the end but then it just stops.
Anyone else experienced this? Any solution?
I've tried rebooting, it just goes back to the downloading update screen...
29 REPLIES 29

Emptyfolder12
Honored Guest

It stays at 99% until you accept the saftey agreement on your phone

PeeingSeagull
Honored Guest
Okay, so I’m stuck too and I’m so frustrated. It won’t let me complete the setup on my app (iPhone XR, newest iOS) where I’m stuck trying to connect my left controller, which doesn’t respond to a confirmed working battery. I’m stuck doing this while a firmware download is also stuck. I’ve tried rebooting, factory resetting (from both app and directly from headset), and nothing works. Everything I’ve tried leaves my stuck in the same place during setup and at 50 or 99 percent download of firmware. I had submitted a ticked and am yet to get a reply. 

thehaztifarian
Honored Guest
First VR user here. Have iPhone XS and on latest software. I've been stuck on 50% for about an hour and a half now and still no change? Struggling to find a solution. Has anyone experiencing this issue waited and stuck it out or is it broken and a waste of time? ANY help will be appreciated. 

PeeingSeagull
Honored Guest

First VR user here. Have iPhone XS and on latest software. I've been stuck on 50% for about an hour and a half now and still no change? Struggling to find a solution. Has anyone experiencing this issue waited and stuck it out or is it broken and a waste of time? ANY help will be appreciated. 

Maybe you’re experiencing what I experienced. It happened to be my left controller which never functioned at all and caused my setup to stop and froze the update. If you’re stuck during the setup like I was, submit a ticket to oculus. I did so and ended up receiving a new left controller which solved my issue. 

jaweiss
Honored Guest
I know its a bit late but if anyone is still having this issue, what fixed it for me was going into the oculus app > settings > selecting my device > wifi > rescan for networks. after that it immediately resumed setup, even though it was connected the whole time

danielbileu
Honored Guest

jaweiss said:

I know its a bit late but if anyone is still having this issue, what fixed it for me was going into the oculus app > settings > selecting my device > wifi > rescan for networks. after that it immediately resumed setup, even though it was connected the whole time

AWESOME!!! Finally, after almost a day stuck in the update screen, I follow these on my OGO and everything went 100% functional. I was so frustrated.
1000 kudos! Thanks so much! Saved my quarantine, @jaweiss ! LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

jaweiss said:

AWESOME!!! Finally, after almost a day stuck in the update screen, I follow these on my OGO and everything went 100% functional. I was so frustrated.
1000 kudos! Thanks so much! Saved my quarantine, @jaweiss ! LOL

(First time vr user)...
hi, I cant install the oculus link on pc, when the blue bar of downloaf reach almost the end it pop up the message "restart computer" i tried the rescan wifi network...  and turning off my antivirus... any ideas? its so frustrating
thank you!

brian_inov8s
Honored Guest
I was having same problem-I have an iPhone. To FINALLY get it fixed, I went into the phone app and went into my WiFi settings.  I noticed there was a WiFi setting for "Oculus Update" (or something like that...) in addition to my home WiFi network.  I disconnected the Oculus WiFi update it was connected to and the update resumed immediately.  Hope that makes sense and helps others!

Pollux06
Honored Guest
Hi, I have the same issue and İ did everything you huya said but nothing helped. Still stucking at %50

k_momma05
Honored Guest

Pollux06 said:

Hi, I have the same issue and İ did everything you huya said but nothing helped. Still stucking at %50

Did you ever figure it out? I'm stuck still and nothing's helped!!! Extremely frustrating