cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link - Trigger Response Issues

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed any issues with the trigger response while using Link?

When playing any games that use quick trigger recessions, the controllers will not respond to all trigger presses, its really obvious when playing any FPS using a semi auto weapon, you can pump the trigger for rapid shots, it will only register if you fire slow, if you try to fire fast, it will only pick up half the presses, and in some cases just stops responding, then a second or two later it will work again.

I messed about with the controller setup in SteamVR, I set the trigger up as a button instead and played with advanced settings, but I could not get it to improve at all, the bug is really obvious in Pavlov and using anything semi auto like a handgun, Pavlov running natively works great, but over link, the issues is there.

The issues is also there with Gun Club VR using Link, but not there when running natively.
24 REPLIES 24

Javinat0r
Explorer
Have you had any luck trying this in VD or ALVR? Is the issue only present on Link?

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
Okay, problem solved, I had to disable a feature in the Oculus Quest settings, disabling fast button press thing, and I found it was still an issue it Pavlov, but I changed the controller bindings, you must remove everything related to the triggers, then add "Trigger" not "Button" and add TriggerLeft or TriggerRight to "Click" anything else ends in slow trigger response or it failing to operate for a few seconds, so the default bindings are no good for the Quest Touch controllers.

Dont add TriggerAxis to to trigger pull, as this will screw it up as well, I also remapped the grip, to toggle, even if you set it to toggle in the game, it will not toggle, you need to adjust the bindings in SteamVR.

It was really affecting my game, was forced to use full auto weapons all the time, couldn't even use the hand guns properly, get two shots then nothing, for few seconds then it will fire again, by then, your usually dead 🙂

Javinat0r
Explorer
Thanks for looking into that. Weird that it's an issue, but glad you found a work around!

NitroHockey
Protege
Is this in the phone app setting or in the settings within the headset?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i changed the controller bindings on steam vr so the triggers act as triggers instead of buttons deleted the trigger axis binding and disabled the controller options on the oculus quest settings and nothing changed in game. If i missed something is would be nice to know what else i need to do to fix the issue 

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
It did work, but the problem is back after the last Rift software update, as I cant rapid fire a handgun anymore

NitroHockey
Protege

Okay, problem solved, I had to disable a feature in the Oculus Quest settings, disabling fast button press thing, and I found it was still an issue it Pavlov, but I changed the controller bindings, you must remove everything related to the triggers, then add "Trigger" not "Button" and add TriggerLeft or TriggerRight to "Click" anything else ends in slow trigger response or it failing to operate for a few seconds, so the default bindings are no good for the Quest Touch controllers.

Dont add TriggerAxis to to trigger pull, as this will screw it up as well, I also remapped the grip, to toggle, even if you set it to toggle in the game, it will not toggle, you need to adjust the bindings in SteamVR.

It was really affecting my game, was forced to use full auto weapons all the time, couldn't even use the hand guns properly, get two shots then nothing, for few seconds then it will fire again, by then, your usually dead 🙂

Are the setting to change the controller bindings in the oculus quest phone app? I couldn’t find them in the setting inside the headset.

Kung-Foo-Kamel
Protege
This is for Steam VR only, you cant change any bindings in the Oculus software, kind of sucks too, but the trigger lag is back and thats in some Steam games, not all, the Walking Dead game doesn't have an issue, but Pavlov does, I've tried every setting everywhere, nothing works now, rapid consecutive trigger pulls results in trigger lag, and most of the time, trigger failure where it registers nothing, if you pause for a few seconds, then it works again.

I wont actually purchase any games in the Oculus store that can be purchase in steam because I cant change bindings if I do, I personally hate have to squeeze the grip buttons the entire time I play a game, which in the Oculus version of games this is almost always the case, but in Steam one can easily change grip constant squeeze to grip toggle, but we now have this weird issue of trigger response.

Kind of stuck any which way I go, would love to know if the Rift S has this problem as I'm thinking of getting rid of the Quest and grabbing a Rift S instead.

computery
Honored Guest
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED