cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

DxrkFate
Honored Guest

Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

DxrkFate
Honored Guest
I have the same problem today as I tried to get the beat saber game. My mum used her two different credit cards, tried my antie’s card, tried my debit card and PayPal, all not accepted . It is very annoying!!!

vrthailand
Honored Guest
It's happen on me today. If Oculus can't fix this solution. How we're buy games?

JohnnyLee
Explorer
Same problem here. I just bought the game on Steam instead.
John 14:6   <--- (About 7 seconds after you clock out, you'll find out if Jesus meant what He said...)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found a solution. It's simpler than it seems. All you need to do is add a payment method from the oculus website then close and reopen ur oculus app and it will be there. 🙂

ArcJurado
Honored Guest

DoltBolt said:

I found a solution. It's simpler than it seems. All you need to do is add a payment method from the oculus website then close and reopen ur oculus app and it will be there. 🙂

Website gives me the same error.  It's more than a little ridiculous that this issue has been around for YEARS with no end in sight lol.

Ornery_Otter
Honored Guest

ArcJurado said:

DoltBolt said:

Website gives me the same error.  It's more than a little ridiculous that this issue has been around for YEARS with no end in sight lol.

I couldn’t agree more. This has been a problem since 2017, which is insane by itself. How is this even a problem? Credit cards are not new, and paying online is not new, and adding/saving a credit card to use online is not new. Really is pathetic that this isn’t getting more attention. 

noahNSW
Honored Guest
Try Adding card view the website, NOT THE APP. Had the same problems as everyone else in the app. But when I added it via the oculus website, it added just fine, probably because the website uses 4-digits for the year verification, and the app only tries to use 2-digits. Whatever the case, issue resolved for me.

graham1414
Honored Guest
This is some sketchy crap if this problem has been going on since 2017. App on the phone gives me the error, unable to add payment method. So I go to the website on a laptop and add same payment method and it doesn’t give me an error message but it also doesn’t look like it worked either. But then go back to the app and close out completely and log back in and the payment method shows up. Seriously should not be this difficult!

LolaMaddocks
Honored Guest
Solved - What a shame to have such a great product and such terrible support. Oculus/Facebook should be ashamed of themselves. Two days and one useless chat later, I had to fix the issue myself. Since it was obviously a billing issue, and my account had been incorrectly flagged as having fraudulent activity, I had to delete the headset from my old account and create and add the headset to a completely new account with a different email address. Now my dog has an Oculus account, and everything works perfectly! I guess it wasn't my Browser/Network/Credit cards (I tried multiple ones), like your tech support claimed.

Oculus: I expect you to make this right with me. Please let me know how you intend to compensate me for two days of frustration and research.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?