cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right controller issues ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
is anyone having issues with the right quest controller ?
you can’t seem to do anything with it, for example....
when you are in the “home” part of the quest app, if you use your left controller, and the move it along the menus they make a sound and highlight them ready for user input, or if you hover over a game icon it shows options like uninstall, when using the right one nothing happens. The pointer is still there, you can kind of select things but that’s it, this is also the same before you even start the app at the pattern lock screen, I can use the left to create the pattern unlock, but the right does nothing, tried switching the headset on and off, pulling on the triggers to try activate it. Nothing, however it works in game ? Any help on this/ or other having the same issue ? 
Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rezla said:

I bought a quest had issues with a controller.  Sent it back to Amazon and purchased another Quest had another issue with controller.   Sent it back and got a refund.   That's what you should do.   It's a flaw in design.   The controller will not function properly.  It's just a matter of time on any unit you purchase.

if this was the case everyone would have the same issue but they don't, so either it's the software or something else but it's not hardware
design.

Rezla said:

I bought a quest had issues with a controller.  Sent it back to Amazon and purchased another Quest had another issue with controller.   Sent it back and got a refund.   That's what you should do.   It's a flaw in design.   The controller will not function properly.  It's just a matter of time on any unit you purchase.

if this was the case everyone would have the same issue but they don't, so either it's the software or something else but it's not hardware design.

I have the same problem too with my right controller. Oculus are sorting out a replacement for me but I have to send my controller back first so I'll be offline for weeks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unpair the right controller in your mobile app... pair again, a firmware update will most likely start... problem fixed. If it doesn't pick it up after unpairing, or if the controller does not vibrate, you may be looking at a replacement.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
It's almost 2020 and these right controller problems still exist. 1 hour after playing our controller stopped working. What did you guys end up doing for a fix? Because I just ordered a new one. I'm not jumping thru all them hoops with oculus when they know they have controller issues for THIS LONG  

GamingFox7
Honored Guest
Had same problem after updating too. Bruzy's suggestion to go to Settings and unpair and then re-pair the right controller again worked for me.

zanglor
Explorer
Same issue here. Although interestingly enough my right controller was the issue, then I unpaired and re-synced, and now it's my left controller having the issue... I've started comms with support but they say they're backed up (probably with complaints about this same issue) so I have to wait a week. Pretty crappy situation. It's incredibly disappointing to see that this has been in issue for over 6 months at least and it hasn't been addressed

tankgirl527
Honored Guest
Got my new oculus quest today! Was so excited, right controller didn't work straight out of the box. Tried unpairing, putting a different new battery in, and nothing. Probably just going to return it and get my money back. Obviously there is a problem and the company refuses to fix it. It's a shame when companies charge you so .uch for a crappy product that they cant even stand behind

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my new oculus quest today! Was so excited, right controller didn't work straight out of the box. Tried unpairing, putting a different new battery in, and nothing. Probably just going to return it and get my money back. Obviously there is a problem and the company refuses to fix it. It's a shame when companies charge you so .uch for a crappy product that they cant even stand behind

Take a selfie with your Oculus Quest to prove that you have it. 😄

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I had a similar issue but with the left.  I managed to get it to pair and all is good.  Try again but leave the battery out of the controller for 2 mins before putting it back in again, then follow the pairing instructions.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

ilaina_meisler
Honored Guest
Got new right controller in and it solved the problem. Now I want Oculus to refund the purchase. 

The first didn’t work out of box.  It took them 5 days to reply to me after two tickets. Made suggestions to try what I already told them I did.  All that was left with was suggestion to factory reset. Since the controller didn’t work right out of box no way that would work. 

Got tired and ordered new controller. 

Now it works but had to pay $70. 

I’ll give them time to make amends. 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Got new right controller in and it solved the problem. Now I want Oculus to refund the purchase. 

The first didn’t work out of box.  It took them 5 days to reply to me after two tickets. Made suggestions to try what I already told them I did.  All that was left with was suggestion to factory reset. Since the controller didn’t work right out of box no way that would work. 

Got tired and ordered new controller. 

Now it works but had to pay $70. 

I’ll give them time to make amends. 

TBH I don't think you will get far with that, I can't see them giving you $70 for something you decided to buy.  The best that will happen is you can RMA the old controller for a replacement (that you no longer need). Or depending on what country laws where you live in send the entire thing back for a refund.   
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.