cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Rift S update and now my headset loses tracking after 15-20mins

kula66
Honored Guest
So, after being nagged into updating my Rift software, which was previously running without any issues for months, the head tracking in the device regularly dies after 15-20mins of playing DCS flight sim. Head movement causes the view to move around strangely and its unusable. When I exit the game back to the 'home' screen, the background is just random noise and it appears the 'cameras' are no longer working. Restarting the oculus software fixes the problem. Anyone any ideas?  How do I roll back the app and firmware? Please why? Why force an update on a perfectly running system that breaks it? 

PS> Reading this forum is seriously depressing! 
18 REPLIES 18

Helcion
Expert Protege
Maybe your USB port goes to sleep?

kula66
Honored Guest
I did check all the USB hubs in Device manager and they all set to not allow power management ... this has only started since the recent update - but thanks for the suggestion!

PS> The Rift itself still works ... I can see the menus etc in Oculus home, just not the background from the cameras

Helcion
Expert Protege
Try pts and disabling oculus virtual audio device.

kula66
Honored Guest
'pts'? ... will try disabling oculus virtual audio device.

kula66
Honored Guest
Disabling the virtual audio didn't fix it and assuming 'pts' means ports, I've switched between all the ports on the MB and PCI add in card and they all fail eventually ... but thanks for the suggestion.

Helcion
Expert Protege
Ah shit I meant the ltd. Public test Channel in the beta tab in the software. Is high power plan enabled?

kula66
Honored Guest
High power plan enabled ... I've linked it via a powered USB and will see how that works. 
Not sure about the test channel ... I'm having enough problems with release channel!

kula66
Honored Guest
Powered hub didn't help either ... really frustrating as I had no issues prior to the latest 'Must install' update!

Helcion
Expert Protege
That's really strange 😞 is there a way to reinstall the firmware? Maybe something went wrong there.