New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

games crashing, bad tracking with rift S

ENW224ENW224 Posts: 6
NerveGear
i have the rift s, and every few minutes the game will studder and not move. as if it's losing tracking for a moment.

also, games will crash because it says displayport is not connected.

Comments

• BombingburrioBombingburrio Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    If you're describing what I think you're describing, try going to your computer's device manager, to the Universal Serial Bus Controller section, find the USB port which the Rift S is connected to, enter properties, Power Management, then un-check the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
  • ENW224ENW224 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    If you're describing what I think you're describing, try going to your computer's device manager, to the Universal Serial Bus Controller section, find the USB port which the Rift S is connected to, enter properties, Power Management, then un-check the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

i have already done that, and it is sadly not the issue. i don't know, i think i got a dud headset. ever since taking this thing out of the box it has been nothing but problems. the built in speakers don't work, the microphone only works for 5 minutes in game and then stops. this is the worst experience i've ever had with an electronic device. you'd think if you pay $400 for something, it would actually work.
  • adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    Oculus released version 12 of its drivers a little over two weeks ago and it is causing this exact problem on lots of setups. My Rift S is behaving in exactly the same way and was fine before the mandatory update. You can go into the support folder for your oculus install directory and find their debug tool. Use the record dropped frames option and then go try to play a game. Go back and check and, if your problems are anything like mine, you will be dropping around 50% of all frames. If that sounds bad try to play something through SteamVR and its 100 times worse. If you confirm you are just dropping frames then it seems all you can do is wait for Oculus to fix the problem they created. You should create a ticket though to let them know that your particular hardware configuration is also effected.
    Oculus Rift S (V 15 Driver), CV1
    Intel i7-8700K
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    16GB DDR4 x 2
    4 TB SDD, 2 TB SSD, 1 TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home
  • ENW224ENW224 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    i finally got it to work by updating my BIOS. i guess that should have been one of the first things i should have done, but i didn't think about it. for anyone else experiencing this same issue, this was on an ASRock ab350 pro4 motherboard.