cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR
I'm curious. Would it be possible to improve clarity on CV1 with the Quests resolution override?

Edit: also, could the Distortion Curvature options affect the barreling on large FOV setting on oculusmirror image? Also, what's so funny @jones1876?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Netheri said:

@ApollyonVR
I'm curious. Would it be possible to improve clarity on CV1 with the Quests resolution override?

Why not just use 2.0 SS with your Rift cv1?  Does not get much clearer than this imho.

However, if you have a VERY strong gaming pc you might want to try 2.50 SS.  I'm using this now on a few Oculus Store apps like Google Earth VR, Toybox, and Nature Treks.  With SS = 2.5, asw = auto, priority = high, these apps look incredible!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Netheri Unfortunately, those settings are not applicable to the Rift S as the Quest and Rift S use different technologies for rendering the image to the headset (i tested myself just to make sure and there is no difference on the S). But as these settings seems to improve image quality quite a lot, we will hopefully see something simillar show up for the S. Will be adding these options to OTT in either case as its fairly simple (just a few registry entries).

Cheers!

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Happy Holidays, and such! Got some new options in OTT regarding Quest Link, so anyone with a Quest and Link cable that wanna try these out, drop me a line and i'll send you the new build to try out.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Holidays, and such! Got some new options in OTT regarding Quest Link, so anyone with a Quest and Link cable that wanna try these out, drop me a line and i'll send you the new build to try out.

Cheers!

Just got my new Oculus Link cable, send it on and will try to have a go with it in next few days.

Hey btw I have a question for ya - in Windows 10 I have been using Ultimate Performance rather than High Performance. I can select Ultimate Performance in OTT, however it always loads High Performance. I suspect it being a sort of hidden feature that might be why - can you have OTT properly choose that power plan if not too much effort required?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@dburne I already took the liberty and sent it to you before posting here. 🙂
And yes, Oculus Home now sets High performance as powerplan when it starts, and i have included a feature in the new build for that. OTT will detect the change and reset powerplan to whatever is set in OTT. The feature is always on, if OTT is set to manage powerplans, no manual setting needed. 

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dburne I already took the liberty and sent it to you before posting here. 🙂
And yes, Oculus Home now sets High performance as powerplan when it starts, and i have included a feature in the new build for that. OTT will detect the change and reset powerplan to whatever is set in OTT. The feature is always on, if OTT is set to manage powerplans, no manual setting needed. 

Cheers!

Sounds great thanks!
I should be able to get some decent time in with it over the next 2 days.

Sofian75
Expert Protege

@Sofian75 I would love to but i don't own a Quest so it might be a bit hard to do. What are teh options you are looking for?

I think Oculus should have sent you one...

Netheri
Rising Star

TomCgcmfc said:

Netheri said:

@ApollyonVR

Why not just use 2.0 SS with your Rift cv1?  Does not get much clearer than this imho.

However, if you have a VERY strong gaming pc you might want to try 2.50 SS.  I'm using this now on a few Oculus Store apps like Google Earth VR, Toybox, and Nature Treks.  With SS = 2.5, asw = auto, priority = high, these apps look incredible!

Hi there TomCgcmfc sorry for the delay in aswering, have been sick for a week (yeah, not the best Christmas weeks ever). Reason i asked about the res overdrive is because i've no 1st hand experience how much it makes the Quests resolution better but apparently much at the same time it taxes computer rig much less than SS on high settings? I use SS 1.6 to 1.8 although in Vader Immortal 2 there's one scripted part which makes the game total "still show" if the in-game settings are also on high. So despite having a quite good rig for VR (also), even with the CV1's lowish resolutions and with high SS multiplier there'll be problems now and then. 😄

One thing i've been waiting would be the "visual optimizing" which would negate the different headsets lens curvature, screendoor effects etc as it seems that the actual _lens_ tech has been and still is aand apparently will be behind the other tech on every headset (good example of visual optimizing was the distortion on Quest passthrough few months back and basically the last updates fixed-foveated rendering). So i would imagine that the further image optimization for and because of headsets would be more cost effective for the manufacturers than to invent lenses with less and less distortions we all know are there, and for the consumers to have more clarity in shown image without ramping up every render multiply option. 😄

i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

NapsterAT
Explorer
Feature suggest.

Hey first of all i love your tool its awesome.
Audio Switcher feature request -> would be insanely awesome if i could decide to wich audio source it should switch on activation
So that it can switch not only to rift audio on startup but to any audio source i like,(like you do it for the fallback audio) for example a bluetooth microphone and headset instead of the rift´s default audio.

Why would that be helpful because if someone uses a different mic or headphones it would be a nice addition to get it ready with one click.
Or in my current case iam using an Virtual Audio cable to have a Noisegate because the mic is way to sensitive an picks up the tv that happens to be in the same room i play my VR games.