cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm currently watching The Witcher on Netflix. I was skeptical at first since video-game-to-TV typically doesn't turn out all that great. But so far I am loving it! The Fight Scenes are fantastic.

Wildt
Consultant
I just binged season 4 of The Expanse on my new OLED telly. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looks like they got a good budget boost after moving to Amazon. 
And the whole vibe and visual theme was totally in line with Destiny 2 which I'm playing atm.
Good stuff ??

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've really been enjoying the second series of Lucifer on Amazon, so glad that Netflix picked it up and continued to make them.

Mainly cos Maze is VERY hot and tends to wear a lot of leather lol 😄

kojack
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

I'm currently watching The Witcher on Netflix. I was skeptical at first since video-game-to-TV typically doesn't turn out all that great. But so far I am loving it! The Fight Scenes are fantastic.

Yep, they did a great job. They really should add in at least one scene of Roach getting stuck on the roof of a house though.
It did take me a little bit to realise we were seeing several different timelines mixed up in the episodes, I was thinking they had changed the ages of characters.

Wildt said:

I just binged season 4 of The Expanse on my new OLED telly. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looks like they got a good budget boost after moving to Amazon.

Yep, season 4 on OLED here too. 🙂
I found this season a little slower, kind of. It felt like not as much happened. That could be because seasons 2 and 3 had 13 episodes instead of 10 like seasons 1 and 4, and the political bit doesn't interest me. Still really good.

I see Lost In Space season 2 is out, I should check that out.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Luciferous
Consultant
Witcher is great so far. It also has an excellent breasts to screen time ratio 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Nice, just saw this - new show on Netflix:

https://youtu.be/wF8myied8hE

BTW, I just started reading the Marvel books again. It's been decades since I read them, strangely now the horror seems scarier/better than ever. For example, here Dracula succeeds in using large mirrors to travel through dimensions, and Dracula uses Taj as some sort of live beverage. Actually if I was a strong vampire that's not a bad idea  >:)

yddwuysny6in.jpg

lotgmxzkegs4.jpg

Thinking of the Comic Code, the above panel shows how Dracula uses other persons and only cares for his own wellbeing.

Another fun thing, when travelling through a dimension it seems Dracula met some dudes who once had stopped playing VR games and had gone back to pancake gaming  😄

vp2jdfecener.jpg

😉  

Here's an example of how Dracula ingeniously mentally reframes a potential threat into a source of nourishment:

lmfvvau809of.jpg

And another example of Dracula's extreme selfishness:

8bvca718fw40.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure that everybody considers Dracula to be a negative role model. - He's quite smart and shows incredible survival skills  😮  and he turns many desperate situations to his own advantage. I'm wondering if the Count doesn't have a lot of fans and if the Comic Code really worked to protect young minds :blush:  Maybe reading ToD when I was 9 years old profoundly impacted my personality development  B)

ToD books are still some of my favorite comic books (of all time) and Colan's art is amazing  🙂

In short, I really doubt that the new Netflix show can live up to the extremely high standards in the Marvel books and won't be a big disappointment to me - but I'll give it a shot tonight  o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Had to stop watching episode 1 of the new Dracula show about 10 min before the end, I could no longer care for the story. Maybe many will like it, it's 7.4 on IMDB, but not more than 5/10 at best in my book. Just wasted more than 1 hour I could have spent so much better in VR. This is not the Dracula I was hoping to see, the story felt awkward and more or less everything felt like a waste of time. The first 30 minutes were great though.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't think that's on the UK Netflix yet, haven't seen it anyway.

I LOVE Vampire stuff!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Don't think that's on the UK Netflix yet, haven't seen it anyway.

I LOVE Vampire stuff!

Maybe you'll love it, it's just far from my vision of the Count - and too many silly/semi-funny one or two-liners, don't think the Count would talk like that. He's also behaving with less dignity than previously etc. There're several 1/10 ratings on IMDB, but also many 9-10/10, seems the show might be hit or miss (many complain that the show is taking far too many liberties compared to Bram Storker's original vision). Maybe Storker would look like this after watching episode 1  😄

Image result for bram stoker

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've been rewatching Star Trek DS9. Damn that's a good show. Back when it came out I didn't care much for it because I was a Babylon 5 fan. But now I appreciate it more.
I never really liked the "luxury cruise ship in space with a crew of paragons" style of Next Gen and Voyager. DS9 is rougher, everything is dark, cramped and broken with constant grey areas around politics, religion, laws and war.
I'm a bit past where they get the Defiant, it's so cool that it has bunk beds in rooms smaller than my bathroom.
That's why I enjoyed Enterprise too, the ship felt more realistic inside.

I'm annoyed that I can't rewatch Babylon 5. No streaming service in australia has it, except for buying it on Google Play or Itunes. 😞

One thing most western scifi seems to have in common: a lack of itano circuses. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2