New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will Oculus Rift Games Eventually be Available for Oculus Quest?

I have heard they are working on merging Rift games with Quest.  Anyone know for sure? Any new info on this? Would be cool and awesome b/c there is not much content on Quest. Thanks! :)

Answers

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 912
    3Jane
    Not possible, totally different platform and hardware. Separate builds only
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,826 Valuable Player
    edited December 2019
    Cross-buys on both systems sort of does the same thing as does the Quest Link.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• RHunterrRHunterr Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    "Not much content"? It's up to what, 60-70 games/apps or so now? Plus there's Link, plus there's Sidequest. How much more do you need before there IS "much content"?
  • JohnPiperGhostHunterJohnPiperGhostHunter Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    @RHunterr - of course there is a good sampling of content as you stated, 60-70 games/apps etc. LOL But to be honest contrasting the Rift library content and category selection availability - Quest is lagging far behind b/c it is so new. BUT of course I am sure the Quest library will grow significantly over time. Rift & Steam for example have a HUGE category selection. This makes a difference for me.  Thanks for your input. :)
  • zerocool1028zerocool1028 Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Need to build a vr rig. Opinions?
    NerveGear
    @zerocool1028 - I'm new to VR and just ordered my Oculus Quest a few days ago. Some guys here mentioned the "link" and "sidequest" as a work around to get other games and apps to work with Quest. I'll have to get the USB-C link cable etc. I am on a learning curve here b/c I am new to VR as mentioned.  I want to be able play The Elevator Ritual game, Agony and many others that are on on Rift and Steam. 
  • IplayGOGIplayGOG Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Consider reading DIY Backpack PC thread on Reddit
  • mmogypsymmogypsy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 2
    I agree the Quest is nowhere near the Rift library but this is what Link is for. I got the Quest to have the best of both worlds: wireless functionality and a portable easy plug & play experience PLUS the option to plug it to PC and play Rift / SteamVR games. Right now, am just waiting for the dedicated Link cable to come out and then am good to go! :)
  • IplayGOGIplayGOG Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    So many people are missing fun of totally wireless Backpack PC experience. That's so sad. You buy so little of them, thus they are so costly. We need to buy more to lower the price.
    NerveGear
    mmogypsy said:
    I agree the Quest is nowhere near the Rift library but this is what Link is for. I got the Quest to have the best of both worlds: wireless functionality and a portable easy plug & play experience PLUS the option to plug it to PC and play Rift / SteamVR games. Right now, am just waiting for the dedicated Link cable to come out and then am good to go! :)
    Yeah that would be ultimate VR awesomeness!!!!