cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Stuck, it let just rotate.

Jerra89
Protege
Hi, i think i found out, why the controllers stuck sometimes. I read im not the only one with this problem but i can't solve it.
If you set the iside-out look in the experimentals to on, you can push the oculus button twice and see throgh the cameras. Like you cross your guardian or while the setup.
And if the controller stuck, i want to use the cameras and saw just snow. It seems, everytime the controllers are stucked, it looks like the cameras are offline.
All i can do ist to reconnect the usb.
If i try to restart the software (not only because the controller) the headset stays black but maybe with sound.

If anyone have a idea because of this it would be great, but maybe it just needs a software bugfix.
Sorry, my english is bad ^^"
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here after loss of colour in Elite. Now I wait for the 1.38 roll out and if not fixed will refund.

Mondogrunday
Honored Guest
exact same issue here, sent in ticket.  no one has fix for this yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
both of my controllers are now occupying the same point in space on the floor in the middle of my workspace. Neither will move from that spot at all, but both rotate. They are also mis-aligned with the controller's actual rotations...so, at the moment, my Rift S is essentially useless.  :s 😕

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Try removing both controller batteries and then reinstall them.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Pic0o
Protege
I had the same issue and it turned out my Rift S cable was loose plugging into the headset.

If you remove the face guard, remove and re-insert the cable, it may help you out too.

atomicben513
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. I looked through guides, and one of them said that if you run the oculus store installer, it will give you an option to repair the software. I did that and it worked for 1-2 days until it happened again. I've tried reconnecting cables and everything

caliwebman
Explorer
Bummer, this has been an ongoing issue for me now for the past 6 months and it has rendered the entire system useless. What's more is that I have spent countless hours working with the company to try and fix it and nothing works. I'm tired of paying for things and then having to perform so many manhours of work for free. Seriously conmsidering abandoning this company as they have me.

aergw
Honored Guest
Soooo... I had the same problem BUT, I solved by setting my antvirus software to allow the use of webcams. i was also able to set a permant allowence to my headset. It worked for instantly.

Freejack77
Honored Guest

aergw said:

Soooo... I had the same problem BUT, I solved by setting my antvirus software to allow the use of webcams. i was also able to set a permant allowence to my headset. It worked for instantly.

Which AV software and what settings did you exactly?