cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus Rift Games Eventually be Available for Oculus Quest?

JohnPiperGhostH
Explorer
I have heard they are working on merging Rift games with Quest.  Anyone know for sure? Any new info on this? Would be cool and awesome b/c there is not much content on Quest. Thanks! 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

MikeF
Trustee
Not possible, totally different platform and hardware. Separate builds only

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Cross-buys on both systems sort of does the same thing as does the Quest Link.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RHunterr
Expert Protege
"Not much content"? It's up to what, 60-70 games/apps or so now? Plus there's Link, plus there's Sidequest. How much more do you need before there IS "much content"?

JohnPiperGhostH
Explorer
@RHunterr - of course there is a good sampling of content as you stated, 60-70 games/apps etc. LOL But to be honest contrasting the Rift library content and category selection availability - Quest is lagging far behind b/c it is so new. BUT of course I am sure the Quest library will grow significantly over time. Rift & Steam for example have a HUGE category selection. This makes a difference for me.  Thanks for your input. 🙂

zerocool1028
Protege
Need to build a vr rig. Opinions?

JohnPiperGhostH
Explorer
@zerocool1028 - I'm new to VR and just ordered my Oculus Quest a few days ago. Some guys here mentioned the "link" and "sidequest" as a work around to get other games and apps to work with Quest. I'll have to get the USB-C link cable etc. I am on a learning curve here b/c I am new to VR as mentioned.  I want to be able play The Elevator Ritual game, Agony and many others that are on on Rift and Steam. 

IplayGOG
Explorer
Consider reading DIY Backpack PC thread on Reddit

mmogypsy
Honored Guest
I agree the Quest is nowhere near the Rift library but this is what Link is for. I got the Quest to have the best of both worlds: wireless functionality and a portable easy plug & play experience PLUS the option to plug it to PC and play Rift / SteamVR games. Right now, am just waiting for the dedicated Link cable to come out and then am good to go! 🙂

IplayGOG
Explorer
So many people are missing fun of totally wireless Backpack PC experience. That's so sad. You buy so little of them, thus they are so costly. We need to buy more to lower the price.