cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Headset Not Found - Installation will begin automatically once your headset is connec

reuben.ahmed
Explorer
Installed the Oculus App (android phone - pixel 3).
In settings, it shows the headset is connected.
On the phone, went to the store and downloaded Beat Saber. It curiously asked for which PC to download it to (strange).
After downloading completed, it has a "Ready to Install" button.
Clicking that, it yields the message below:
hihl34uk6bbr.png
When going to the store within the Oculus Quest Headset, it doesn't show that Beat Saber was purchased, it wants me to buy it again.
The item was definitely purchased, my credit card was charged.

Thanks for any information.
10 REPLIES 10

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
I personally have never bought/downloaded titles using my phone/app - I’ve always done it from the headset. Maybe you somehow downloaded a wrong version.. ie: for the Rift or Go?

i have a Rift as well as a Quest, and both devices are listed when I launch the app on my phone. I buy Rift titles on the pc though & Quest titles on the Quest.

when you got headset not found, could it be that it had simply gone to standby/switched off?
Or if you have bought a different version, maybe it’s looking for a different headset (Rift, Go)

regards, Steve

reuben.ahmed
Explorer
Hi,

That's what I'm thinking happened too, but it's strange, in the dropdown it shows Quest. I think when it asked which Desktop to install it on was a key to I may have bought a wrong version.

I requested for a refund and will buy through the headset. 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
When headset is connected they auto download to headset. Never had an issue buying from store on phone. Go home turn on headset and they start downloading.

CPN_01
Honored Guest
once your headset is functioning go to your settings on iphone/android device then tap on your registered oculus.  that will ensure it is connected then game starts autodownloading.  (omg pistol whip is super fun even on easiest setting)

oldskool6805
Honored Guest
Having same issue.

bboy1981
Honored Guest
It’s so annoying my oculus quest is connected but still says installation will begin when headset is connected 

presidentderka
Explorer
Yeah, I have the same issue. Did a factory reset and things got worse. Can't install anything.

bboy1981
Honored Guest
I did the same thing and can’t install any of my purchases 

presidentderka
Explorer
Yeah, I have the same issue. Did a factory reset and things got worse. Can't install anything.