cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Software

DisobeyedLine54
Honored Guest
My oculus software says it needs to restart, Once i restart it just keeps asking me to restart again. I dont know what to do.
5 REPLIES 5

Globespy
Expert Protege
you must obey the device until it is satisfied restarting.

VR2018FR
Expert Protege
I have the same problem, it is just stuck in loop,  it does  the firmware  update (well that's what it is said on screen)   and after that  the  headset is not detected but it keeps  saying  that i  have to do a firmware update  that's  the 6 or 7 th time  I tried. (after one month  of not using the  riftS at all, i find this very irritating)

VR2018FR
Expert Protege
After unpluging the video cable on the headset I got to blackscreen to the 3 horizontal dots (can hear the oculus theme)  now and i can see my controlers on the floor

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Have you tried uninstalling the oculus software and re installing? sounds like something got corrupted in the download or something
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

ZaroktheImmorta
Explorer
I've had a similar issue since buying it where it'd tell me it can't find the display port or tell me to reset the software or it'd tell me it can't find the headset then I'd go about unplugging it and plugging it back in helps I have to go through pretty much every day of a rinse repeat of unplugging plugging back in restarting my computer and going through different methods until it works for that day I contacted support about it and got told they are aware of the issue and are looking into a fix but have no time frame on a fix.