cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with black screen during setup

warthink
Honored Guest
I have a Ryzen 7 3500 powered desktop with a RTX 2070 super on Windows 10.  During setup I encounter a problem during the last step when you have to do it through the headset. The screen is dark. The headset passed all connectivity and sensor tests.. The white light is on and the blue light in the front but no screen. I try to figure out if the headset is defect or it is a computer setup problem. I disabled all virus protection etc. I tried all the suggestions on the Oculus support page. 
Anybody had the same problem?
2 REPLIES 2

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

warthink said:

I have a Ryzen 7 3500 powered desktop with a RTX 2070 super on Windows 10.  During setup I encounter a problem during the last step when you have to do it through the headset. The screen is dark. The headset passed all connectivity and sensor tests.. The white light is on and the blue light in the front but no screen. I try to figure out if the headset is defect or it is a computer setup problem. I disabled all virus protection etc. I tried all the suggestions on the Oculus support page. 
Anybody had the same problem?

Yes, the exact same problem on my desktop but I know it's not a headset issue as it works fine on my laptop.  My desktop also has a Ryzen cpu, the 5 3600.

EDIT:  Just spent a couple hours online with Oculus support trying a few different things only to be eventually told that they are aware of the issue, are investigating, but don't have a fix as of yet.

warthink
Honored Guest
Thank you