cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unfriendly to Families - Oculus Please Fix This

Tugennov
Explorer
I just got an Oculus Quest for my family of 5.  I was very disappointed to discover that you can only have one account on each device.  Moreover, in the (limited) number of games that I've tried so far, there are not multiple save files for the games.  So, effectively, this means that only one person can play a game at a time and not until that person has completed the game can the next person start playing the game or else the original player's game file will get copied over.  This is very unfriendly for families.  Maybe Oculus is trying to get us to buy multiple Quests, one for each family member, but we don't have that sort of money and most families don't.  This approach has already resulted in a negative vibe towards the system among a couple of my kids.  Oculus, I hope you change your approach and allow multiple accounts on a single quest (with game sharing) or at least require game developers to put several save game slots on their games.  This also is a problem on the Oculus Go that needs to be fixed.
81 REPLIES 81

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

bulbousbat said:
Difference is Netflix didn't cost $500 dollars.

Netflix requires a monthly fee, so if you use Netflix month after month, and year after year, then you will definitely spend well over $500. Oculus doesn't require you to spend a monthly free. So your point here is moot.

Neflix also doesn't make you buy every video you want to watch.

True, but Oculus gives high-end software away for free without charging a monthly fee. Netflix only lets you watch their videos if you pay every month. If you cancel your Netflix account, you can't watch it anymore. Yet with Oculus, you always own the hardware and the software. So again, a moot point.

Last time I checked we have to buy every game.
Completely wrong. Many Oculus titles have been 100% free.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

What a trainwreck of a thread. Zenbane, do you have to be pointlessly argumentative?

Not any more than people tend to be pointlessly complanatory.

Having multiple users for the purpose of save slots alone would be
sufficient and REALLY USEFUL.

Developers can do this themselves at the software level.

Even Nintendo manage get this one mostly
right!

Nope. I own the Switch and if you want to have your stuff saved (and enjoy additional features, games, etc), Nintendo charges a yearly fee just like Amazon.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Proftomas said:
I don't agree with that. As for Netflix, I have 2 logins possible in my basic account and can pay a little extra to have even more.

Yep, and you have to pay all of that every single month to maintain the service. Which is not the case with OculusVR.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer
I told you not to feed the troll, see what happens....They are actually trying to insinuate that the monthly fee netflix charges is overpriced compared to purchasing individual games for your oculus CONSOLE.  There is no debating with stupid like that......

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I told you not to feed the troll, see what happens....They are actually trying to insinuate that the monthly fee netflix charges is overpriced compared to purchasing individual games for your oculus CONSOLE.  There is no debating with stupid like that......

It is likely more stupid to read words that aren't really there. I never once said anything about something being overpriced. In fact, nothing about this conversation has involved the idea of overpricing. You might want to understand the basics of what's being typed before trying to call anyone "stupid."

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

It is more stupid to read words that aren't really there. I never once said anything about something being overpriced. In fact, nothing about this conversation has involved the idea of overpricing. You might want to understand the basics of what's being typed before trying to call anyone "stupid."

Whatever troll.  Good-bye.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

rednekcowboy77 said:

If you decide to try to communicate like a sensible and intellectual adult, let me know.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Even Netflix makes you pay more to allow multiple people to use your Account.

You have zero idea what you're talking about. Netflix allows user profiles for family members. help.netflix.com/en/node/10421

I would argue that you have zero idea about the difference between having a simple profile and actually using a service. Allowing multiple profiles still requires that you pay more to actually stream the service:

Their plans allow 1-4 streaming services per device, depending on how much you pay. So sure, you can add 20 different user profiles, but at most... only 4 devices can run their service at any given time; assuming you pay that much.

This is the line where you establish yourself as a troll and invalidate
everything else you say. Your patronizing attitude with your little
winky face garbage is sickening. "Taking turns" has NOTHING to do with
it. You're only being a jerk for the sake of it and you know it. OP is
suggesting user profiles, which is a ubiquitous feature on almost every
device that invites multi-user gameplay, as the Quest DOES.
This is your response to my suggestion that people 'take turns' in a household. Interesting that you got so angry about something that I thought was common in many households lol

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

rednekcowboy77 said:

If you decide to try to communicate like a sensible and intellectual adult, let me know.

Why would I with someone that does nothing but purposely derails threads and continually perpetuates ignorance in the face of logic?  Have you actually read what you posted above?  Only a complete imbecile would actually attempt that kind of moronic argument.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

rednekcowboy77 said:
Why would I with someone that does nothing but purposely derails threads and continually perpetuates ignorance in the face of logic? 

You have presented zero logic. All you have done is name-call. I could name-call as well, but it's rather pointless. Especially in your case since your name-calling seems to be the result of your inability to provide a logical argument.

Have you actually read what you posted above?

Have you actually read anything stated in this thread? Because you seem confused, as noted by the fact that you think someone was talking about things being "overpriced" lol

Only a complete imbecile would actually attempt that kind of moronic argument.

Some rather impressive irony there.