cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Controller not working.

INSTANTE74
Honored Guest
Just got Oculus Rift and the left controller stopped working, the hand on VR stays in the same position.
I have already
-removed battery to reset
-unplugged sensors and back
-reset computer
-reinstalled oculus software (removed drivers)
-had two beers!
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried new batteries? Sometimes the life meter can be inaccurate (depending on the type of battery), so it's not crazy for it to die spontaneously, even from something like 50% life. Otherwise, please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

INSTANTE74
Honored Guest
Thanks Cybereality, yes I did put a new battery 😞 like I said its brand new...
It worked for a few hours then the hand just stood there, it moves but in the same location.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Might be best to submit a ticket then. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Thanks Cybereality, yes I did put a new battery 😞 like I said its brand new...
It worked for a few hours then the hand just stood there, it moves but in the same location.

Try putting the two controllers side by side, turn out the lights and take a pic with your phone(Or any camera),  I suspect you'll see LEDs on the working controller but none on the one that's not moving.

But, also submit a ticket.

JesusOnCatnip
Honored Guest
unplug the usb port for the thing then plug it back in, That worked for me

Josephg2
Honored Guest
Hey so I'm having a similar problem. my left controller isn't functioning properly, the LED is on on both, the hand in VR stays on the ground regardless of where I move the controller, but the hand still opens and closes when I press the buttons. I have re-setup both the tracking and the play area, as well as restarting the computer several times, yet it still doesn't work correctly.

Josephg2
Honored Guest

Josephg2 said:

Hey so I'm having a similar problem. my left controller isn't functioning properly, the LED is on on both, the hand in VR stays on the ground regardless of where I move the controller, but the hand still opens and closes when I press the buttons. I have re-setup both the tracking and the play area, as well as restarting the computer several times, yet it still doesn't work correctly.

Okay so I have no Idea what the problem could be. I tried everything to make this work, unplugged the headset several times, took out and reinstalled batteries (that came with the things not even a week ago) restarted my computer several times and re setup my tracking several times. both steam and oculus say that it's tracking, the LED is on, when I press buttons the left hand opens and closes, and if i try really hard and swing the controller REALLY hard the hand moves in VR (But only in short bursts and in random directions.) I was playing rec room when this started and it happened out of nowhere. it was working one second the next it was just moving all over that place. let me reiterate that this is just the left hand malfunctioning and that the right hand works perfectly fine.

ssasjj
Honored Guest
just happend to me too, i really hope theirs a way to fix this or at the very least is something Oculos is aware of.

KirbySuperStarU
Honored Guest
Just got a brand new oculus quest from best buy, after I set everything up, the left hand would stay in the air, the fingers would move but it would not e where my left hand actually is. Very similar to Josephg2, if not the same thing.