cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nvidia driver has VRSS!!! - 8x supersampling!! - Foveated Rendering!! - RuneSR2 where you at??

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Guys it's finally here!!! read reddit post for full details

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/ekvpga/incoming_nvidia_driver_to_include_vrss_variable/

Offical info here from Nvidia: - Scroll half way down page. This can explain it all better then I can.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-ces-2020-game-ready-driver/

RuneSR2 where are you??? Rune is going to go crazy with this...

I can just picture it now...RuneSR2 playing Index with 144hz 200% steam supersampling and now Nvida's new VRSS!! LOL  😛

I wondered why my drivers updated yesterday! I've just installed windows 10 again on a new M.2 mvne drive too so looking forward to trying this VRSS tonight with my Rift S + Boneworks.  😄
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
57 REPLIES 57

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Unfortunately it requires RTX, I'm using GTX 1080 - but it'll probably be some nice icing on the 3080 Ti cake - when it arrives...  B)

I'm usually getting 90 fps in Boneworks res 200%, but I think that's with 2xMSAA, but I really could not see any difference using 4xMSAA. 

Lone Echo would be awesome if VRSS could provide cheap antialiasing - for now TAA looks awful with the Index, while 4xMSAA and res 200% look totally jaw-dropping awesome but result in like 15-20 fps... using my GTX 1080...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Oh that sounds very nice indeed, i wonder how the CV1, Vive and WMR HMD would benefit from a Turin card and these drivers.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Will test and bump up some stuff with my Reverb and 2080ti tonight 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://youtu.be/eENkfXOgrQw
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

Unfortunately it requires RTX, I'm using GTX 1080

Oh sweet jesus yes you need RTX I forgot you had 1080. Well I hope you upgrade soon! For all our sakes! haha
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Unfortunately it requires RTX, I'm using GTX 1080

Oh sweet jesus yes you need RTX I forgot you had 1080. Well I hope you upgrade soon! For all our sakes! haha

I'll upgrade when I'm sure to get 100% more speed. I want all those 45 fps to turn into 90!  o:) For now it seems that 2080 Ti is about 70% faster than 1080 in 4K, and 50-60% faster in 2K.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I went from a 1080 FE to a 2080ti and it was like waking up from sleep 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Techy111 said:

I went from a 1080 FE to a 2080ti and it was like waking up from sleep 🙂

That's what I'd like to experience starting the 3080 Ti for the first time - maybe Stormland should be the first thing I play ... or Seeking Dawn ... maybe some Obduction...  B)
Seems like Ampere will be out in late spring or early summer 2020 (3080 expected first, 3080 Ti maybe first in the autumn):

https://www.wepc.com/news/nvidia-ampere-gpu-reveal/

I can probably wait that long - Alyx might only need 1060 (lower specs than Boneworks) - I hope my heavily oc'ed 1080 is up for one last job  😉  

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It'll plod along mate 😉