New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus rift s keeps disconnecting displayport / usb?

K.R.QuintenK.R.Quinten Posts: 14
Brain Burst
edited January 6 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

Specs:

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G

i7 8700k

16gb ram

msi z370 gaming plus

What I've already tried:

- The 'wait 60 seconds after pluggin in your USB cable' thing
- Unplugging the cable from the headset side
- Installing the Oculus driver via C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
- Reinstalling the Oculus Software & Deleted all files in Appdata etc (about 5 times)
- Using the Oculus Repair Option (about 5 times)
- Disabled/Enbale the Camera Permissions
- Disabled the Power Management of all my USBs "Also tried to remove some devices"
- Windows up to date
- Updating Bios
- Updating my GPU Drivers "and clean reinstalled"
- Swapped Displayports

- Changed energy plans

- Disabled virusscanner "also while installing / reinstalling Oculus"

- Tried to disable x.m.p in Bios settings

- In and out of oculus beta restarting the oculus service removed my monitor and other usb's to see if it would work with less usbs connected

yesterday it worked perfectly i gamed 2 hours + straight and today i started it and it keeps disconnecting or "re-connecting" the displayport

i have uploaded my logs from the past hour where it starts crashing drive(dot)google(dot)com/file/d/1pcDlKJD5sJ66exS5dxAYdkmyRQw6arCA/

Comments

• jphh93jphh93 Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    Same Problem here. Also opened a ticket because of that error.

• K.R.QuintenK.R.Quinten Posts: 14
    Brain Burst
    jphh93 said:
    Same Problem here. Also opened a ticket because of that error.

Ye me 2 but takes pretty long to get an response :\
  • adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    I have this problem too now only after installing the version 12 driver. I never had this problem with either the CV1 or the Rift S even when using extension cables. There are so many people having this problem as well as general incompatibility with their USB ports. I think alot of it is just the current bugged driver. Oculus is working on it but probably losing customers daily over this. I have an open ticket about this. I'm sure there will be a fix eventually but oculus could not be handling things worse.
    Oculus Rift S, CV1
    Intel i7-8700K
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    16GB DDR4 x 2
    4 TB SDD, 2 TB SSD, 1 TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home
    Brain Burst
    I have this problem too now only after installing the version 12 driver. I never had this problem with either the CV1 or the Rift S even when using extension cables. There are so many people having this problem as well as general incompatibility with their USB ports. I think alot of it is just the current bugged driver. Oculus is working on it but probably losing customers daily over this. I have an open ticket about this. I'm sure there will be a fix eventually but oculus could not be handling things worse.
    Yeah man exactly.. i just installed my inatek usb 3.0 PCI-e card and used my oculus on it, it connected but still the same issue randomly disconnects displayport in game and restart the rift over and over... im getting so sick and tired of this i hope someone got a solution i have tried everything
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 521
    Neo
    edited January 5
    Yeah man exactly.. i just installed my inatek usb 3.0 PCI-e card and used my oculus on it, it connected but still the same issue randomly disconnects displayport in game and restart the rift over and over... im getting so sick and tired of this i hope someone got a solution i have tried everything
    Do you have power to the Inateck card? Just plugging it in is not enough in some situations. There is a port to connect power to the Inateck card, along with plugging it in. 

Once it disconnects, when it happened to me, I would have to restart my PC to get it working again. 
    Brain Burst
    Maxxgold said:
    Do you have power to the Inateck card? Just plugging it in is not enough in some situations. There is a port to connect power to the Inateck card, along with plugging it in. 

Once it disconnects, when it happened to me, I would have to restart my PC to get it working again. 
    i was not using the inatek in the beginning at all but im just out of options so i installed that inatek card to try if that sorts the issue but the issue is still there no matter what i do or change :(
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 521
    Neo
    Yeah, I was just wondering if you had the power connected to the Inateck card. Some people just plug it in and use it. There is another place to add additional power and that helps in some situations. Also, never use the Inateck drivers, just use Windows. 

If that didn’t help you, then it must be something else. Maybe see if it works on another PC, or try another video card. 
    Brain Burst
    Maxxgold said:
    Yeah, I was just wondering if you had the power connected to the Inateck card. Some people just plug it in and use it. There is another place to add additional power and that helps in some situations. Also, never use the Inateck drivers, just use Windows. 

If that didn’t help you, then it must be something else. Maybe see if it works on another PC, or try another video card. 
    i cannot test it on another PC sadly or another GPU 
    but it worked perfectly for very long before just started acting this way 2 days ago
    Brain Burst
    edited January 6
    drive(dot)google(dot)com/file/d/1pcDlKJD5sJ66exS5dxAYdkmyRQw6arCA/
  • rlnasutirlnasuti Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    I've had this exact same problem for months. I consulted with Oculus support back in November and we never resolved the problem. After about a week of troubleshooting I was told to enroll in the Public Test Channel, and a new firmware update seemed to lower the frequency of the problem.

That is until recently. I last played on 12/24. I went to play on 1/1 and the Oculus Rift S is just dead. I've tried different ports on the computer for both DisplayPort and USB, and even tried a different computer. It seems like power is no longer being delivered through the cable, but I have yet to confirm that.

I've ordered a replacement cable to see if that resolves the issue (ordered 1/4, hasn't shipped). Hopefully it's just a fried cable and not a friend headset. I also opened a support case with Oculus on 1/1, but I have yet to receive a response to that.

In the meantime, I setup my CV1 again. I've been with them since the DK2, but this latest experience with the Rift-S has me questioning whether I want to stay with Oculus.

Here's hoping that your "pc_hal_sensor" error doesn't turn into a "device not detected" error.
  • VR2018FRVR2018FR Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    after 3 days of problems, I switched to beta, then it is  asking  for a  firmware updtate, once done, it will need to update oculus software, then it will ask for a reboot and the headset is not detected, I rebooted my computer and the  headset si still not detected and ask for  reinstalling oculus software, I unplugged  usb and display port,  turned of my computer and after one hour of use  I decided to  reconnect usb and display port, and everything works  for now but i'm pretty sure it is gonna crash again tonight  or  tomorrow.
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    Im seeing this error on my main machine - not laptop - for my laptop everytime I use RiftS i have to unplug and re plug in USB then Display port order. Now this is happening on the Desktop - Pretty silly very clunky and downright annoying.
  • rlnasutirlnasuti Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    New cable got me running again. I still had the various other problems (DisplayPort not detected, Software needs restart, Audio not detected, Sensors not working), but I was able to work my way through all of them.

Clearly, the cable burned out. Also, as evidenced by the fact that Oculus is selling Rift-S cable replacements but not Rift cable replacements - Oculus knows. They're treating us like mushrooms - keeping us in the dark and feeding us poop.
    Brain Burst
    Just got a replacement today and works fine again but had to restart it a couple times and reinstall firmware