cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unfriendly to Families - Oculus Please Fix This

Tugennov
Explorer
I just got an Oculus Quest for my family of 5.  I was very disappointed to discover that you can only have one account on each device.  Moreover, in the (limited) number of games that I've tried so far, there are not multiple save files for the games.  So, effectively, this means that only one person can play a game at a time and not until that person has completed the game can the next person start playing the game or else the original player's game file will get copied over.  This is very unfriendly for families.  Maybe Oculus is trying to get us to buy multiple Quests, one for each family member, but we don't have that sort of money and most families don't.  This approach has already resulted in a negative vibe towards the system among a couple of my kids.  Oculus, I hope you change your approach and allow multiple accounts on a single quest (with game sharing) or at least require game developers to put several save game slots on their games.  This also is a problem on the Oculus Go that needs to be fixed.
81 REPLIES 81

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

rednekcowboy77 said:
Why would I with someone that does nothing but purposely derails threads and continually perpetuates ignorance in the face of logic? 

You have presented zero logic. All you have done is name-call. I could name-call as well, but it's rather pointless. Especially in your case since your name-calling seems to be the result of your inability to provide a logical argument.

Have you actually read what you posted above?

Have you actually read anything stated in this thread? Because you seem confused, as noted by the fact that you think someone was talking about things being "overpriced" lol

Only a complete imbecile would actually attempt that kind of moronic argument.

Some rather impressive irony there.

Do you actually have anything useful to add to this thread or are you just here to do your typical derail the thread and get it shut down?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Do you actually have anything useful to add to this thread or are you just here to do your typical derail the thread and get it shut down?

I can ask you the same question. You have provided zero value, and resorted to infantile name-calling.
I, on the other hand, have simply been responding to people who typed replies directly to me. My actions are quite sensible. Yours... not so much.
If this thread gets locked, you have only yourself to blame.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

I can ask you the same question. You have provided zero value, and resorted to infantile name-calling.
I, on the other hand, have simply been responding to people who typed replies directly to me. My actions are quite sensible. Yours... not so much.
If this thread gets locked, you have only yourself to blame.

Ok so you have added absolutely 0 value and are just here to troll.  Got it.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

tu quoque

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

tu quoque

Very intelligent sir.

MissShea
Honored Guest

Zenbane said:

tu quoque

Very intelligent sir.

Like you said, stop feeding the troll. I just got done reading this entire thread. He obviously has no idea what he is talking about. 

Maybe I can simplify it for him. 

My husband bought a VR. We have Beat Saber and we "share" as a he put it so elegantly. However, I want to stream to my progress on my FB account. My husband has requested I do not log into my FB account on his quest,t  stream, and I can't stream on his FB account without people thinking it's him. 

I want to be able to switch to my own profile, and connect MY FB account, and stream my progress on My FB account, WITHOUT logging my husband out of his and/or Factory resetting my Quest every single time I want to stream on MY OWN account. I don't CARE if there are multiple save files, I don't CARE, if I have to spend the 15 bucks to buy the game again for my own account..
What I CARE about is NOT logging my husband out and factory resetting the Quest every time I want to stream on MY profile. It's simply pointless. We don't have an extra $400+ lying around just to log in to my own account on a separate CONSOLE. I cannot just disregard his profile with all the games on it and just use mine, that would mean wasted money, and has a lack of individualization. And then my Husband wouldn't be able to stream on his favored platform without people thinking it is me. I really don't want to post my progress as my husband just to "share". This profile thing is definitely on the heads of Oculus, not the developers. 

We have a PC(steam), Phones (*gasp*YES YOU CAN LOG INTO MULTIPLE EMAILS ON ONE PHONE ON THE OS, I switch between my junk profile all the time.)  a PS4, and a Switch. All of which seem to be able to accomplish what ZanbAne  says we should just 'deal' with and 'share' or complain to the developers. Lol

If he doesn't understand that, he needs to go back to school. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MissShea said:
Like you said, stop feeding the troll. I just got done reading this entire thread. He obviously has no idea what he is talking about. 

In my original response, I was addressing the hyperbolic title of this thread "unfriendly to families" which I do feel is a bit extreme. A lack of user profiles doesn't make something unfriendly to families. It simply addresses a need for certain VR Software titles to allow multiple save games. I made one analogy to Netflix (and made a joke about family sharing in relation to this threads title), and several people have decided to attack me personally instead of simply addressing the argument.
Attacking me personally makes you the troll. Not me.

My husband bought a VR. We have
Beat Saber and we "share" as a he put it so elegantly. However, I want
to stream to my progress on my FB account. My husband has requested I do
not log into my FB account on his quest,t  stream, and I can't stream
on his FB account without people thinking it's him.

So your husband is the one hindering you, not Facebook or Oculus.

If he doesn't understand that, he needs to go back to school. 
Another needless attack, which is no indication of proper schooling. What you are asking Facebook/Oculus to do is give you a work-around to the fact that your husband won't let you do certain things on "his quest." Your request to have another profile doesn't solve your problem if we read this part more carefully:
My husband has requested I do
not log into my FB account on his quest

Having multiple profiles doesn't solve the problem of it still being "his quest" because a new profile would still exist on "his quest" which he doesn't want you connecting to Facebook. This is a hardware problem. You need to buy your own quest. If you don't understand that...
😉

MissShea
Honored Guest
Haha you are hilarious. He doesn't have a problem with me logging into FB. He has his own FB account. Why in the hell would he want me logging into and linking My FB info to his Oculus account? 

He doesn't want me linking my FB account to his Oculus account as this only causes information to get mixed that shouldn't be. So that is why he requested that I don't. Are you suggesting we have a shared FB account too? Why not? I mean, according to you, we don't need an individual identity. According to you, I might as well play every online game on my PS4 under his username, right? So when our friends invite us to play, it's like rush and roulette, who knows who will jump in and be on the mic?! Will it be him, or his wife?! Heaven forbid we have different groups of people we play with as well... Might as well message everyone that sends an invite, Sorry, my husband isn't playing today.... when *gasp* I have my own friends list that can see when I'm online on my own profile, that uses my own info, such as my email... phone number....birthday.. etc. etc. And all they have to do is invite me when they see me and my profile online. 

Oh, no, I'm sorry. I should just buy a whole new PS4 to have my own username, according to you. 

But go and keep cherry picking, you're only making yourself look worse. It's entertainment in the least. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MissShea said:

He doesn't have a problem with me logging into FB. He has his own FB account.

I never said he did. We were talking about how he doesn't want you logging on to FB with his Quest. Your own words.

Why in the hell would he want me logging into and linking My FB info to his Oculus account?

It's very common for married couples to share FB accounts. Regardless, even if Oculus gave you another profile... his Quest would still give him access to your account lol

Are you suggesting we have a shared FB account too?
That is probably sound advice, but not really my business since that has little to do with Virtual Reality itself. The point though, is that you clearly stated that he didn't want you logging in to FB on his Quest hardware.

So when our friends invite us to play, it's like rush and roulette, who knows who will jump in and be on the mic?!
Uhh, so you and your husband sound exactly the same when you talk?? Interesting.

But go and keep cherry picking

I'm not cherry picking, I'm addressing the facts as you present them.

you're only making yourself look worse
Pot/Kettle.

You should really consider what you are suggesting. You are saying that it isn't sensible for you and your husband to share a FB account, but you want to use your husband's Quest to link your FB account, which he would then be able to access regardless of which profile it was on.

MissShea
Honored Guest
Lmao. This is entertaining. When did I say I had a problem with him accessing my profile and my FB account? 

Let me pull my comment you so kindly ignored. 
He doesn't want me linking my FB account to his Oculus account as this only causes information to get mixed that shouldn't be.

That would cause it to be linked to his Oculus account on his App and online. 

I would bet you are single and an only child based off ignorant you are about the whole thing.