New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Steam VR Support

RyChaRyCha Posts: 1
NerveGear
Will There Ever Be A Time Were The Oculus Quest And Other Oculus Models Connect to Steam And Play Steam VR Games? It Would Be Nice To Have That Added! Mostly Everyone In The Community Of Oculus Wants This Added.
Tagged:

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 656
    Neo
    Steamvr already supports Oculus Rift and now with Oculus Link you can also play Steamvr games on the Quest. 
  • bobkbrownbobkbrown Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited January 7
    You can also use Virtual Desktop over 5 GHz wifi to play SteamVR games. Sounds like you didn't even give it a high school try.
    Go now and make an attempt... good luck.
  • Spyder17Spyder17 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    When I try and use SteamVR with Virtual Desktop, Steam tries to connect to my VivePro.  How do I have it use the Quest?  I have the Steam streaming app on my PC.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,362 Valuable Player
    edited January 8
    Try unplugging your Vive - this is how I avoided similar situations with Index and Rift (by switching off power to the Index). Steam will use whatever is connected  - it should see your Quest as a Rift S.

PS - actually, this is how I do it with Link - might be the same in VD via WiFi - but as I don't use that, I can't say for sure.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,252 Volunteer Moderator
    Spyder17 said:
    When I try and use SteamVR with Virtual Desktop, Steam tries to connect to my VivePro.  How do I have it use the Quest?  I have the Steam streaming app on my PC.
    Are you launching SteamVR with the button in the Virtual Desktop interface? I think you have to start it that way to avoid it detecting another headset. I never unplug my Rift, and it works for me every time--Go into Virtual Desktop, connect to the PC, then hit the "Start SteamVR" button in the VD menu.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Spyder17Spyder17 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The start SteamVR button shows for about 2 seconds and then disappears before I can select it.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,252 Volunteer Moderator
    Hit the left Touch menu button to bring the VD settings menu back up.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0