cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v13 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Important note:
This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 12. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
192 REPLIES 192

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this new version doesn't even address the current problems with version 12? Kinda hard to test out these new features when I can't even use my Rift S anymore.

That sucks.  Did you try the new version to see if they just didn't include the fixes in the patch notes?

Will try when I get home but I don't see how the most pressing issue currently could be omitted.

This issue is a massive problem for lots of people. Everyone knows about it at Oculus but they won't post anything about it publicly. THIS is what many of us want to know about and a stupid PTC like this is a slap in the face. I've had my ticket open for weeks and used the feedback option every time the new PTC or general release hasn't fixed the version 12 problems. I know there is nothing I can do but wait and unfortunately Oculus won't make any public statements about it but they continue to respond to other issues regularly and continue to work on things like how our hair looks in a virtual mirror. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to report a bug, Seems the update breaks the ability to select anything in Beat Saber (Steam version). When in game it detects the controllers, HMD and properly knows where my controllers are but I cant select anything in the menus or click on continue. Tried rebinding it in the steam VR settings. No luck. I am 100% certain I didnt change anything since last time I played it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok fixed it, put in "-vrmode oculus" and now it works, But the strange thing is I never had to do this before. and was running it perfectly in steamVR mode for months. Oh well. all is good. 

Richooal
Consultant
Happy to report that my CV1 + 3 still works and I can still log in here without a Facebook account.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

morphee7
Expert Protege
@ShowbizDonkey my point is that theres still a few people are still having issues with the last PTC and yet this one comes out, As for putting tickets in i have had to put 2 different tickets in over time about issues which got me removing software changing drivers taking cables out then a patch comes out and magicly fixes the issue then another patch comes out and brings back old problems, btw i still have a ticket open about the robot/dalek voice sounding issue with the mic which again the last PTC fixed and yet i get a message back today sorry for the wait and will get to my ticket in turn.

Kelju
Protege
There are LOT of people still with performance problems with the 12 and PTC versions. Just look at VR game discords and forums.. Granted many propably have not made support ticket that might give false sense of the scale of the problem to oculus staff, but that is not the issue here.
The real issue is Oculus folk being so in love with their own creation that they dont want to see the problem in it's scale and severity. Testimony to that is the absence of official rollback method.
Even christmas sales customers left with not working product. Wake the f up OCULUS!!!!!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
OK, I got the new 13 PTC update today and it's a big thumbs down from me (cv1 w/2x sensors).  When I use the Desktop in oculus home (actually homeless for me) and move my head side to side I get black artifacts on each side of the screen.  

Also, X-Plane 11 will not properly shut down without using task manager.  This has not been the case since 1.39 for me.

Anyway, I opted out of beta and now all's well again!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

OK, I got the new 13 PTC update today and it's a big thumbs down from me (cv1 w/2x sensors).  When I use the Desktop in oculus home (actually homeless for me) and move my head side to side I get black artifacts on each side of the screen.  

Also, X-Plane 11 will not properly shut down without using task manager.  This has not been the case since 1.39 for me.

Anyway, I opted out of beta and now all's well again!

I'll bet you can't wait for this to go live before they fix it 😉

I don't have X-Plane, but I went back in and looked at the desktop thing you mentioned. Mine is okay, sorry.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Globespy
Expert Protege
so they blocked any way to roll back if you update to PTC13?
That's genius!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Globespy said:

so they blocked any way to roll back if you update to PTC13?
That's genius!

No, I had no problem opting out of 13 PTC and rolled back to 12.1.  Maybe try again?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers