cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v13 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Important note:
This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 12. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
192 REPLIES 192

urboijimmy
Honored Guest
When v13 Is fully released will the oculus link mic work?

jibblejay
Explorer
Seriously. It's been over two weeks and you still haven't fixed the severe performance issues you created with version 12.0?!? Either get off your asses and fix it or give us an official option to roll back. I was able to roll back previously and it fixed my performance issues, but somehow I got updated and now it won't let me play when I roll back unless I update. Two years I've been using the Rift without an issue. Now it might as well be a paperweight. 

MondoCat
Honored Guest
Yup, my Rift S still a hunk of garbage!

Anonymous
Not applicable

jibblejay said:

Seriously. It's been over two weeks and you still haven't fixed the severe performance issues you created with version 12.0?!? Either get off your asses and fix it or give us an official option to roll back.

According to the release notes, version 12 was released "the week of Dec. 9th."  So its actually more like 3 weeks pushing a month for some people. II have an open ticket on this where I asked why they won't just let us roll back until they sort this out. The response was that roll back is not available "at this time." I asked if it would ever be available and... they ignored the question in their followup response.

They also told me that I would have to patient for a response and a fix because its the holidays. I haven't pointed out yet that they were the ones that chose to release a known buggy driver right before Christmas. I have lost all faith in Oculus Devs now. I don't think anyone would care how long it took them to fix this issue if they just had a roll back option.

Immeinen
Honored Guest

Important note:
This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 12. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.

My link doesnt work anymore. How to roll back v12?

Immeinen
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

Globespy said:

so they blocked any way to roll back if you update to PTC13?
That's genius!

No, I had no problem opting out of 13 PTC and rolled back to 12.1.  Maybe try again?

How did you roll back to 12.1?

Richooal
Consultant

Immeinen said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Globespy said:

so they blocked any way to roll back if you update to PTC13?
That's genius!

No, I had no problem opting out of 13 PTC and rolled back to 12.1.  Maybe try again?

How did you roll back to 12.1?

You just opt out of the PTC, you will be rolled back to the "stable" release.

jspm7v17zyze.jpg

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Er... that's all? The Oculus Mirror is pointless and Events is pretty much a way for Facebook to tighten its social grip on the tech. What about the tech itself? That's what your clients are here for, ffs...

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
Since 1.12 and in 1.13 too. I've this kind of problems only on specific Unreal Engine Games (Contractors and Surv1ve) 
6kb6v8oflsz8.jpg
2oiry4v0m8vp.jpg
As you can see there's some kind of stuttering, particulary visible with ghosting hands, double images.
It's obvious that ASW is not working, even it is setted to auto. If forced to 40 ASW on, it works, but of course is not the real solution.
This games was perfect on previous 1.0.43 drivers.
It's not a pc problem, as I got the same problems in two totally different pc, with both my CV1 and Rift-S.
It's not a performance problem, as other titles like Stormland, Asgard Wrath, Pavolv, runs perfectly fine. (1080, 8600K)
All Unity titles works ok.

So my conclusion is something related to some (old) version of UE engine, that has something not compatible with latest Oculus driver. I don't have Assetto Corsa Competizione, but I know is based on UE too.
Please investigate and fix this mess, it's been about a month...
Thanks.

flylow2019
Protege
This is crazy! I've been in touch with Oculus Support for three weeks now and they can not find a solution for the previous version and release a new one with Facebook things that most of us don't need or want. I've a bricked Oculus Rift S that I need to work and hey solutions presented don't work. In my last message to Support  I wrote this:

We are now on the third week since I contacted Oculus Support
and I’ve not heard of a viable solution to the USB 3.0 problem yet. I continue
to not be able to use the Oculus Rift S as I need – and I do need it to write
about VR professionally – as I spend more time playing the game “Restart Your
Software” than using the headset. I’ve now, with a PCI card I bought (powered
from the PSU) following Oculus and users suggestion,  11 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB
3.1 and 2 USB 3.1 Type-C on the machine the Rift S is used with, and still the
software from Oculus states “USB 3.0 required”. Well, it was working until the
12.0 update, and had been for many months since I acquired the Rift S to use
instead of the original Rift.

Just to make things clear, I’ve tested the Rift S in three
different machines:

Intel i7–9700K/32GB RAM/RTX 2070/ NVMe SSD, SATA SSD/
Windows 10 Pro v 1909

Intel i7–4770/16GB RAM/GTX 970/SATA SSD, HDD/ Windows 10
Pro v 1903

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/16GB RAM/RTX 2070/ NVMe SSD, SATA SSD /
Windows 10 Pro v 1909

and the result is the same: it says  USB 3.0 is
required. This can not be true!

I need you to find a solution for this as it can
not be a problem of my computer/computers!

Hope to hear from someone at Oculus
soon!

No word from Oculus yet. Maybe it is time to go public with this.