cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, So What Should I Do..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got a very nice email from the company doing my PPI claim and they say that the credit card company have offered me a PARTIAL refund of £1063.15  😄 B)

I have to give them a 20% cut of that I think so I'll end up getting 800 quid or so.

But that's just a partial refund lol

The email I got off them said that full refunds can be up to five times as much  😮

So the question is do I take the easy way out with the 800 quid or so and get my dosh quicker or do I take the longer route and get more money.

I don't know if I have the patience lol 😄
8 REPLIES 8

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'm such a big fan of Take That 😉 

https://youtu.be/273eSvOwpKk

If you think there're good odds in your favor.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the 1063 quid is guaranteed I think, so I get that no matter what. I think I'll give it a go as long as I don't have to wait for the other thing to complete before I get that. As far as I know anyway.

They tried phoning me again but I was eating my tea so I didn't answer it.

I think I'll talk to them tomorrow and see what's what.

No idea how I'm going to be getting the money tbh. I have a horrible feeling that they'll just add that credit to my account rather than giving me a cheque. No idea how these things work tbh.

I'm going to have to give Capital One a call tomorrow to cancel my PPI, I was going to do it ages ago but wasn't sure if doing so would affect things somehow. Now I've got a guarantee of some cash I'll cancel the fucker ???

Also not sure how long this full refund will take if it's successful. I did this first claim about a week or two before deadline day in August last year so it's only taken 5 months. So if this takes twice as long I'll get it in November.

Now I've just got to work out what to spend it on. I'm thinking about getting a Yaw VR Motion Simulator.

I'll be getting 800 quid from this guaranteed amount, pay off the balance of that credit card which should leave me 500 quid. I'm then paying 560 quid off my OTHER credit card in May and then ANOTHER 760 quid in November/December.

So that's £1820 altogether off my credit card and then an unknown amount also coming in if I go to try and claim the full refund.

Think I'll be getting a Yaw VR Motion Simulator just before Christmas. ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Woo hoo!!! Just talked to a bloke from the claims company and they've already sent the cheque B)

Wasn't sure if Capital One would give credit or a cheque so that's put my mind at rest.

Am definitely going for the full amount now!!! It's a no win no fee job so there's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The email said up to 5 times as much as the partial refund but even if I only get the same amount again that's paid for my Yaw VR Motion Simulator (assuming I get one, still got to wait for reviews about how comfortable the thing is).

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Go for the full-refund, PPI was a scam and banks owe. I think my missus got way more than you and didn't have to give 20% either to some company.

RE: The YAW

isn't that a little dangerous mr snowdog? Remember that incident with the leg last year. That YAW looks like it could cause some damage. It's OK if someone is there to monitor you but imagine falling out of one of those whilst in VR. Could be pretty bumpy n scratchy. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It actually looks pretty easy to get in and out of. And I'm planning on taking off the headset before I get out lol  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I might be out of luck with the full refund. I got the cheque (and it's only £1036.51 thanks to the bloody taxman!) and read the bumph that Capital One sent with the cheque and it's sounding like I won't be getting the full refund because I filled in the application online and ticked the box rather than having a person (mis)selling the PPI to me. Have to wait and see I guess. I've signed the thing and sent it off to the PPI refund company so that their solicitors can have a look at it. They only take cases to court ones that they're guaranteed to win due to the no win no fee thing that they have so it's looking like I'm only going to have a partial refund. 😞

Oh well, nice to have a little windfall anyway! I'm going to pay the £284.51 off my Capital One credit card to clear it, pay the PPI refund company their 255.16 cut and I'll have £496.84 left over to pay off some of the rather large balance on my other credit card. 🙂

Then in May I'll pay off another 600 quid and another 800 quid in November/December. So I'll probably order my Yaw VR motion simulator early next year.  B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to be scam-like. Please, be patient.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be scam-like. Please, be patient.

Nope, I checked them out before I started. They're legit. They're taking 20% plus 4% VAT (which I'm going to pay as soon as the cheque clears) which is a bit more than some other companies who take just 10% but these guys have an excellent reputation so I reckoned it was worth going with them instead of anyone else.