cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered a Pimax 8KX (Some CES Reviews)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
It has been getting good feedback from CES so I ordered the PIMAX 8KX right away so I can report back here to you guys as soon as I get it. Probably around March/April. Luckily by ditching all my backer rewards (I already have basestation and Valve controllers) I got mine for $609 (RRP is $1299). Hopefully I can avoid import taxes.

Long Live VR!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/pimax-vision-8k-x-vr-headset

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/pimax-8k-x-vr-headset-ces-2020-hands-on-price-photos-video-r...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXwyRdqSJZY

tsgs9ek4dc0x.jpg

Here's a link so you can check specs.

https://store.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/pimax-vision-8k-x-vr-headset-384?_ga=2.31204023.96234807.1578...

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
225 REPLIES 225

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

kojack said:

24-3000mm on one lens is pretty crazy.
I can get to 1800mm by putting a 3x teleconverter on my 150-600mm Sigma lens (on a Canon 5D Mark III). Although it weighs a ton and makes me look like a paparazzi. Plus the teleconverter is a cheap one, so it ruins the image quality.

Just took this earlier. Wolf Moon through flat window (not the cleanest of glass) manual focus. I know this camera can take better shots. Not bad for a first attempt.

tznneup2y2fq.jpg

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Nice.

If you wait for a partial moon, the craters at the edge will have shadows and you can make them out clearer.
nj9jny5codsr.jpg

The most far object I've photographed: Jupiter with 4 moons visible:
eyyxyzddqbi8.jpeg

Although going slightly off topic now. Umm, Space Engine is a cool VR program. 🙂
(Maybe we need an "official" photography thread, like all the other "official" threads)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
+1 with my old trusty 650D and my IS 70-200 canon lens  B)
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
So cool the reverse image kojack from the southern hemisphere.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be up for an Official Photography thread as long as you post nekked pictures of your wives and girlfriends. 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

I'll be up for an Official Photography thread as long as you post nekked pictures of your wives and girlfriends. 🙂

Ha, joke's on you, I don't have a...
Wait. Damn. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ohgrant
Superstar
 Looking forward to your review, I do value yours and others hardware reviews I read here. I just picked up a re-certified Reverb for $450 from Amazon. I probably wouldn't have considered it if it weren't for the reviews here.  I was originally planning to get an Index HS only, but they have been showing out of stock since shortly after release. I've also read things here that gives me pause about it, for the price
 I love the Reverb for what I'm using it for in spite of it's shortcomings, controllers and towing cable.
 I think now that Pimax has had some time to overcome their initial shortcomings with software and quality, the 8KX might set a standard for gen 2.0.
 Hope to hear a great review but I'm sure you'll give it straight either way. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

as long as you post nekked pictures of your wives and girlfriends

ooh lala

h8ncsp05z8l8.jpg

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Come on Zen a bit of wifey cosplay is all good. You could recreate that exact pose the pair of you!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

So cool the reverse image kojack from the southern hemisphere.

@JeremyC85  you found this comment funny? I was wondering if I got my science mixed up then.  Kojack is based in Australia I believe which means his image of the moon is in reverse of the one I took from London unless I have it all wrong. Something to do with the Earth's tilt. Correct me if I am wrong. Excuse me if I am being stupid.