cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeaky trigger of right touch controller

alexchang734
Explorer
I've started to notice the trigger of the right touch controller start to squeak and it's really bugging me. Anyone else have this problem? And can anyone suggest a way to fix it? Cheers
27 REPLIES 27

NeilTheNameless
Explorer
Still waiting to hear back from support about my ticket 😞

NeilTheNameless
Explorer
STILL not heard back from support about my ticket... Hmm!

Wubbe_
Explorer
Same problem after 3 days of owning quest. The left controller in my case. Made a ticket just now. I'll do a follow up here if i get a reply. 

FelicityC
Adventurer
If anyone else has this issue, in the future, and finds this thread: I found a fix in another thread that hilariously worked instantly and perfectly without an WD-40 needed.

Simply hold it down and blow hard into the crevice. I have no idea why this worked or why it fixed it other than maybe setting the spring into place properly

edit: it may only be a temporary fix which adds even more questions (actually, it may simply be the humidity caused lubricating the spring briefly), but wd-40 may still be required. It would be unwise to spray it in there, though
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

icedid
Honored Guest
Okay, no joke. I just tried this and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion, the squeaking has been bugging me forever now. I can't believe blowing on it actually works.

FunkyPigeon101
Honored Guest
Thanks Felicity. You saved me 🙂

Trost123
Honored Guest

FelicityC said;

Simply hold it down and blow hard into the crevice.

Worked for me too, thanks. Would be funny if this fix turns out to be permanent.

Froggify
Honored Guest