cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift s software loop

Anonymous
Not applicable
My rift s arrived around a week ago and worked for a day and a half I have heard great things about it and would hate to return it but this is my last resort whether it be an explanation of why or a solution on how to fix, my oculus rift s has been in a software update loop for 3 is days now it says software update required restart now and... nothing it just requests I do it again, and again, and again this has been a major problem and nobody I know has an oculus rift s so I have no baseline for this

tc0ww0cgt2rs.png
6 REPLIES 6

VR2018FR
Expert Protege
several people are in your situation and oculus does nothing,  support gave no answer to me or anybody ! shitty firmware, shitty hardware, shitty company !  

As I previously stated the headset works fine on a offline computer since october (that's the latest software update on date for that PC ) and its firmware is 2.0. 

firmware 2.2 just crashed everything, 

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. A support ticket ) has been created for you.

We aim to respond to your request within 2 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

We look forward to being of service to you.

If you have additional questions or comments, reply to this email or click the link below:

BraverThought
Protege
yea, i have that issue for just over a month now, i put in a ticket to get the info for a refund and they responded that they are working on the issue and will get back to me in 4-5 business days. i got that today, i sent the email a week ago.. it was an automated response it seems. 

VR2018FR
Expert Protege
several people are in your situation and oculus does nothing,  support gave no answer to me or anybody ! shitty firmware, shitty hardware, shitty company !  

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support. A support ticket (#106****) has been created for you.

We aim to respond to your request within 2 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

We look forward to being of service to you.

If you have additional questions or comments, reply to this email or click the link below:

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I had problems when I first installed it, problems with updating the firmware and stuff - not syncing the controllers etc... I just kept rebooting the computer until it worked.  Not had a problem since, but the initial install and updates were very off putting, and I initially thought my VR PC was not up to snuff.

It also did not help that the Trident 3's dedicated VR port is HDMI - I don't know what prompted the change (I'm new to VR) but I wish they included an adapter cable.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

ChuckusFourus
Honored Guest
I found that unplugging my webcam and restarting the headset (unplug usb plug back in again) fixed this. Maybe the soft ware looks for a camera product and ends up seeing the webcam instead...?

TheBlueMonkie
Explorer
Yea, ever since this the recent software update my rift s wont work after a computer restart or when I first turn it on.  I have to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers and open the driver.  That work about 50% the first time.  It will also just crash and restart my PC starting the whole cycle again.  I have buyers regret with the Rift S