cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath Download Issues

AvengedSevenSam
Honored Guest
Hi,

Whenever I try to download Asgard's Wrath, the game just stops downloading when it's at about 20 GB. When I check my SSD, there is a 129GB sized file called ''Staging'', and in it is a file called ''sinzaru games inc wrath. When I try to redownload it, I can't since theres no more room until I remove the Staging file. So when I remove this file, I can download it again but then again the same issue comes. I have 140GB free, but still it says after a couple of minutes downloading that my SSD is completely full.

77 REPLIES 77

jjGuardian
Explorer
Just going over the OVRLibraryService.Log file in my AppData\Local folders. Interesting stuff.

It shows the very first attempt to purchase the game and the successful addition of the icon to the library;
My C drive has 313 Gb

[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:41 AM] IPC thread running; waiting for Oaf to connect.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:41 AM] IPC connection established!
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:41 AM] OVRLibraryService starting in direct mode.  Arguments: [library, install-package, CORE_DATA, C:\Program Files\Oculus\/CoreData/\Downloads\sanzaru-games-inc-wrath_assets\787\sanzaru-games-inc-wrath_assets.zip, C:\Program Files\Oculus\/CoreData/\Downloads\sanzaru-games-inc-wrath_assets\787\sanzaru-games-inc-wrath_assets.sig]
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:41 AM] Creating NTFS transaction.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:41 AM] Enabling background mode
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:42 AM] Committing changes.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:42 AM] IPC connection destroyed.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:42 AM] Exiting with code 0 (Success).

The very next Transaction is the installation attempt and what happens here is repeated for all 142,911 Kb of this text log file, again and again for each of my attempts to install!!

[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:43 AM] Loaded manifest for 'sanzaru-games-inc-wrath' version code 457
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:43 AM] Committing changes.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:43 AM] Creating NTFS transaction.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:26:43 AM] Computing hash map
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:27:00 AM] Committing changes.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:27:00 AM] Number of chunks that need to be downloaded: 13923.
[Warning] [10/28/2019 2:39:17 AM] Oaf requested cancellation: 'Download paused.'.
[Warning] [10/28/2019 2:39:18 AM] Oaf IPC connection lost!
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:39:18 AM] IPC connection destroyed.
[Debug] [10/28/2019 2:39:18 AM] Exiting with code 42 (ErrorCancelRequested).

The other thing that appears in the Service_2019-10-28_06.16.25.txt file is;

28/10 06:17:34.012 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] software\oculussdk\pc\oaf\liboaf\cloudstorage\cloudstorage.cpp(497) : No downgrade available for CloudStorage app database (1971039)

I have no cloud storage and I've never used cloud storage so this must be referring to oculus.

jjGuardian
Explorer

Geerider said:

I sooo want to play Asgards Wrath especially after paying for it but like all above i initially had the space problem cleared 350gb on my SSD then my  anti virus software is blocking the download, I've turned it all off restarted and the message comes up saying my anti virus software is still sopping it!!! :s   :# Can anyone help please !!!!

So after Oculus crashed to the desktop during the first attempt, I started getting virus protection errors. Disabling the virus protection did nothing so I knew it was a bogus error and guess it was a file write protection error so I deleted all of the failed download and installation and the errors went away. 

I still can't install though but now it just quits during the file transfer, usually 27 gb to 39 gb into the process

PapaCharlie85
Honored Guest
Hello, 

i have the same problem with Asgard's Wrath installation.
Although I have plenty space on my HDD (500GB free space) and although I have added Oculus to the trusted Apss and Folders in Windows AntiVirus, it won't download or install.

A 77GB download takes about 5 to 6 hours and i tried it 3 times by now! 
Everytime it stops somewhere or even says I am not allowed to install because of Antivirus Software, then after rebooting I am allowed again and the download fails again later on.
What a mess.
It is redicoulus and I will refund the game.

Hageberg
Honored Guest
I have the same problem! Why are not Oculus/Sanzaru replying to this post?

lpist
Honored Guest
Yes why Oculus support not responding to this post wtf!!

Hageberg
Honored Guest
I made a ticket to their support yesterday, where I directed them to this post. They should reply in a day or two 🙂 
I will let you guys know when I get a reply.

FullyTorqu3d
Honored Guest
Seriously!!!!? This isn't resolved. I just paid 40 bucks and waited for hours for a download and it didn't work. Glad to see Facebook cares about their customers for the rift s and are frantically working to make us happy....lol!! What a joke! Put out a product and immediately abandon it for the quest

saurabhsen
Honored Guest
just purchased and downloaded to 220 GB d: partition. The download and install was successful after about 3 hours. But game asking to download again and asks more free space to download/install again. It has the 129 GB Staging folder

vaSSourito
Honored Guest
Same issue here, I bought Asgard's Wrath and I can't manage to install it, it goes into an endless loop between downloading and installing, after download, it starts the installation and when it finishes, start downloading again. Sometimes it also says it can't be installed because of the antivirus. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app, delete the folder with the game, add an exception to firewall... no luck so far, does anyone has had the same issue?

I'm running an i7 9900k, 64GB DDR4 3200, more than enough HD space and 2x GTX 1080Ti in SLI

Please, help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If Oculus support doesn't fix this, I may consider taking my business elsewhere.  This is ridiculous.