cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update oculus link not working

deathrament
Honored Guest
Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says a quest software update is required for oculus link beta. Install the update from the about section of your setting in your headset.
But in my headset there is no update showing. I opted out of the public test channel but that did nothing.

The new Beta - PTC version 13 which came out today for Rift, is incompatible for Link with Quest which is on version 12.
Quest is not on the PTC channel.
If you want to use Link , you will need to unsubscribe from the Rift PTC which will roll  you back to Version 12.

ardazeytin
Honored Guest

dburne said:

The new Beta - PTC version 13 which came out today for Rift, is incompatible for Link with Quest which is on version 12.
Quest is not on the PTC channel.
If you want to use Link , you will need to unsubscribe from the Rift PTC which will roll  you back to Version 12.

It works. Thanks.

MauriMYD
Explorer
How can I back to 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rolled back to 12 but the link cable isn't reading, the PC says it is connected but the Quest said not connected to PC.I tried to reboot both, while connected, while not connected.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

MauriMYD said:

How can I back to 12?

Opt out of the PTC and you will be on version 12. 

Maxxgold
Rising Star

I rolled back to 12 but the link cable isn't reading, the PC says it is connected but the Quest said not connected to PC.I tried to reboot both, while connected, while not connected.

Have you linked it before, or is this your first time ? Many people have to use the Inateck USB card that is linked in my signature. 

BonOrbitz
Honored Guest
I had the same issue after updating the drivers. This is what I did and Link is working now:
1) Turn off Public Test Channel under Settings > Beta
2) Restart the Oculus software.
3) After letting the software site for a few minutes, a notification popped up saying that an update available.
4) After updating, I restarted the headset and it's registering as connected and Link is working as intended.

I hope this helps!

tpg_sabibo00_qu
Protege
This is not working for me - I opted out of PTC but I don't think it rolled me back

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not working for me - I opted out of PTC but I don't think it rolled me back

It will not happen automatically the whole process.
After you disable PTC a notification appear that a software download have started, after it finishes to download a message must pop up to install it. If no such thing happen try do a repair of the Oculus software from control panel or the OculusSetup.exe itself.