cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S DisplayPort issue

raw_genesis
Explorer
To start off I want to mention I submitted a support ticket about this 2 weeks ago and never got a reply so I'm returning my headset before the return window runs out but I want to bring this up because from looking around online this appears to be an issue that heaps of other people are having and is going pretty much completely ignored by Oculus.

When going through the setup process the USB gets the green tick but when the DisplyPort cable is plugged in it gets the green tick for a few seconds before going back to the spinning circle forever. If you skip the setup and try again you get an error message saying the DisplyPort is not plugged in. Unplugging and plugging the DP back in makes the error message go away for a few seconds before it returns. Sound works on the headset but no video.

I'm running an RTX2070 and AMD Ryzen 7 2700X.

I've tried all the following:
Plugging into every available DisplayPort on my graphics card
Unplugging all other Display Port monitors
Plugging the USB into all available ports
Unplugging all other USB devices
Plugging directly into the USB-C on the graphics card using a USB-C to USB3 adapter
Updating video drivers, USB drivers, chipset, BIOS
Turning off any power saving USB options in power options and device manager
Running oculus-driver.exe
Running OculusSetup.exe and repair install
Completely uninstalling the Oculus software and re-installing
Disable USB Legacy support in BIOS
Re-seating the cable on the headset

None of these work and the issue persists.
1 REPLY 1

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
When I get a display port problem I unplug the USB, give it a second and plug it back in.  I never touch the display port.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.