cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This community needs a PC Specs section for each user

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title say, it would be useful that each member can add PC specs and have it under avatar in forum to display if pressed.
I have seen such on Asus ROG forums.
17 REPLIES 17

Techy111
MVP
MVP
We used to have signatures but they got removed because some people/scammers abused it with adding links and such 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

We used to have signatures but they got removed because some people/scammers abused it with adding links and such 😞

That is why i see some users have signature but some not and no way to add it, too bad. 😕

MikeF
Trustee
Why do you want this?

Techy111 said:

I didn't realise the function had been removed for new members, it's such a useful thing for specs. Spammers really spoil it for everyone.

Richooal
Consultant

Techy111 said:

Does that mean existing signatures, if deleted, can't be replaced? Can existing signatures be edited? Do new users see existing signatures or none at all?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Richooal
Consultant

MikeF said:

Why do you want this?

Because Oculus does not provide any useful feedback on problems that crop up with new software versions. If the users can see each other's specs, they can maybe look for similar devices with similar problems. A forum is, after all, a place for sharing information for the good of all.
Already it's hard to tell if people are talking about the Rift or the Rift S sometimes.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Are you sure they got removed?
b7z6n4qqlmu6.jpg

Richooal said:

Does that mean existing signatures, if deleted, can't be replaced? Can existing signatures be edited? Do new users see existing signatures or none at all?

I edited mine a couple weeks ago when I added a new M.2 SSD to my system. I'm pretty sure people can still add signatures. I remember a mod discussion about limiting access due to spammers, but I think, if anything was done, it was like posting links--you have to be around and active for a while before the privilege is gained.

On your forum profile page, hit the little dropdown that looks a person's head to the right of your name, and choose Preferences. On that page, you should see Signature Settings on the right side menu. Go there to add a sig.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
@nalex66
Yes i see now signature settings, possible i have not observed it when i looked there, thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait, they removed signatures? Is that a joke? Wtf are they doing?! Next thing you know, they'll remove the ability to write replies...